What's new

Sleep study

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, doc had me switch to nasal mask and adjusted some settings. Also gave me ambien to help get to sleep with the mask on. A little leary of that though.
I hope that helps. Get off the Ambien as fast as you can. It is strange stuff and can mess you up. Also, if this new mask doesn’t work I recommend the Phillips Amara View, Minimal contact full face mask: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/product/HCNOCTN374/amara-view-minimal-contact-full-face-mask

I had ResMed Mirage Liberty: https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/products/masks/mirage-liberty.html. I used it for several years but I switched the Amara View a couple of years back and find it much more comfortable.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How is it working for you @EO80 ? I still wake up at least once in middle of night b/c pressure gets 90% sometimes and likes to blow air on my face sometimes ><
I went in to the sleep doc about 3 weeks ago. He adjusted some settings so it doesnt ramp that high. Also gave me ambien to get me to fall asleep with it on.
Per my requirements for DOT i have to use it 4 hrs a nights. Thats about what i do before i wake up and take it off and fall back asleep. The longest i have done was 7 hrs. No matter what i still do not feel like i am sleeping as well with it on.
My weight loss is down to 281 now and still dropping. He said if i hit 250 i should be considered "cured".
I know that it is a legit concern with a lot of people, but i think some of these docs are just pushing this to get people to lose weight. Just my opinion. Doctors around here are a bunch of quacks anyway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went in to the sleep doc about 3 weeks ago. He adjusted some settings so it doesnt ramp that high. Also gave me ambien to get me to fall asleep with it on.
Per my requirements for DOT i have to use it 4 hrs a nights. Thats about what i do before i wake up and take it off and fall back asleep. The longest i have done was 7 hrs. No matter what i still do not feel like i am sleeping as well with it on.
My weight loss is down to 281 now and still dropping. He said if i hit 250 i should be considered "cured".
I know that it is a legit concern with a lot of people, but i think some of these docs are just pushing this to get people to lose weight. Just my opinion. Doctors around here are a bunch of quacks anyway.
I’m 6’5” and have had obstructed sleep apnea since I was 165 pounds, was diagnosed over 25 years ago when I was about 210. I’m back in the 200s after a visit to 351 thanks to Keto, thinking about dropping the pressure a little, but some of us will always have OSA, but weight loss is not bad unless you are Katie Moss.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I’m 6’5” and have had obstructed sleep apnea since I was 165 pounds, was diagnosed over 25 years ago when I was about 210. I’m back in the 200s after a visit to 351 thanks to Keto, thinking about dropping the pressure a little, but some of us will always have OSA, but weight loss is not bad unless you are Katie Moss.
Way to go on that weight loss! I have heard that keto can drop weight fast but is not a sustainable lifestyle.
My doc seems to think that my osa is weight related. He told me the first time i saw him that he has patients that are fit and not over weight that have it due to palette issues. I wish you the best with your continued journey!