What's new

Smoked cheese

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
What are they pickled in?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Off the top of my head... White vinegar, apple cider vinegar, bit of water, jalapenos, anaheim peppers, serrano peppers, salt, black pepper, crushed red peppers, onion, cilantro.

I'll double check my notes later and update if I forgot something important.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Off the top of my head... White vinegar, apple cider vinegar, bit of water, jalapenos, anaheim peppers, serrano peppers, salt, black pepper, crushed red peppers, onion, cilantro.

I'll double check my notes later and update if I forgot something important.
Please do I'm gonna try it that sounds good

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Please do I'm gonna try it that sounds good

This is for a full gallon jar;

3 dozen eggs
6 cups white vinegar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
8 cloves garlic
1 large onion
2 Anaheim peppers
6 jalapeños
5 Serrano peppers
2 tablespoons salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Crushed red peppers
Cilantro

Layer eggs, onion, garlic and peppers in jar. Bring vinegar, water, spices to a simmer long enough to dissolve the salt. Let it cool off a bit and pour into jar. Put it in the back of the fridge and forget about the pure awesomeness you just made for at least a week(two is better but I usually lack the willpower). Makes for some killer deviled eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
231   0   0

3 dozen eggs
6 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
8 cloves garlic
1 large onion
2 Anaheim peppers
6 jalapeños
5 Serrano peppers
2 tablespoons salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Crushed red peppers
Cilantro

Layer eggs, onion, garlic and peppers in jar. Bring vinegar, water, spices to a simmer long enough to dissolve the salt. Let it cool off a bit and pour into jar. Put it in the back of the fridge and forget about the pure awesomeness you just made for at least a week(two is better but I usually lack the willpower). Makes for some killer deviled eggs.

Nice thank you, I may use a few less peppers lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for best results with smoking cheese.. let them rest in the fridge (wrapped or vacc sealed) for a week before eating... the cheese will further pull in the smoke and it will allow the smoke to mellow out..

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0

3 dozen eggs
6 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
8 cloves garlic
1 large onion
2 Anaheim peppers
6 jalapeños
5 Serrano peppers
2 tablespoons salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Crushed red peppers
Cilantro

How much would I have to pay your for a jar?!?! That sounds amazing.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
for best results with smoking cheese.. let them rest in the fridge (wrapped or vacc sealed) for a week before eating... the cheese will further pull in the smoke and it will allow the smoke to mellow out..
IMO some are pretty good without much if any rest… Cream cheese, fresh mozzarella and Jacks come to mind. On the other hand, I had to let a block of sharp cheddar rest for almost a year before it was eatable. We cut opened it up once a month and tried a piece, resealed and repeated until it was acceptable. Switched to mild and medium cheddar after that.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
After 2 weeks I opened up the smoked medium cheddar to try and it was perfect amount of smoke flavor. Put slices on burgers and shredded some for salad. I will definitely be keeping some on hand at all times.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After 2 weeks I opened up the smoked medium cheddar to try and it was perfect amount of smoke flavor. Put slices on burgers and shredded some for salad. I will definitely be keeping some on hand at all times.
Can't imagine what it's like on bbqed burgers