What's new

Smoked cheese

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don't have a vaccum sealer. Is that going to be a problem for longevity of the cheese? Thinking about running out to Costco and picking one up tomorrow.

Right now I just have the cheese wrapped tighly in plastic wrap.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't have a vaccum sealer. Is that going to be a problem for longevity of the cheese? Thinking about running out to Costco and picking one up tomorrow.

I don't think I could live without my vaccum sealer. I use it all the time.
Nice! You'll love the salt too.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
95   0   0

I don't worry about vac sealing unless I'm doing enough to last for months. Plastic wrap is good for weeks to a month plus, vac sealed cheese will last years.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I don't think I could live without my vaccum sealer. I use it all the time.

They are handy. I'm thinking about a commercial chamber sealer so I don't have to wait for the foodsavers to cool off when doing a lot of sealing.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Are all these vaccum sealers pretty much the same? We've never had one so don't know a thing about them or even what I could use them with, other than cheese. Although I bet it's one of those things that once you have one, you end up finding ways to use it.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

We got this FoodSaver at Costco about least 5 years ago. Still works great. I've done a third of a cow with it without overheating it. The water bottle on the side view is for scale. Sits flat against our kitchen wall with plenty of room to work in front of it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, i am a little late to this thread, but just saw it and I coincidentally just tried some smoked cheddar last weekend. Turned out pretty well and i am going to do some more now, especially after reading through all of this.