What's new

smokers

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
What about the cartilage tip things on the rib racks? I think that's where you were you were talking about the backstrap maybe. I hate those damn things.
Definitley not. the backstrap is a little flap of meat that can easily be seen and cut off.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So Jeff...did you end up getting a smoker?

Also, i'm gonna be doing a set of ribs on Sat so i'l take some pics of the butchering process to show a few things i've mentioned above.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
cool! after careful deliberation, i've decided on this one,,, unless ya'll talk me out of it...

what do ya think?

http://www.weber.com/grills/?glid=8&mid=27
I like that!

I've been using this one with a lot of success. I was going to get the optional side fire box to smoke, but I figured I would get a traditional smoker instead. I haven't got it yet, but the firebox is big enough for indirect heat and I toss in wood chunks for smoke. It turns out great and when I do a pork loin, I can get a good 1/2 inch smoke ring on the meat. I do want a traditional smoker so I can hang a rack or do link sausage later on.

http://www.chargriller.com/openimage.php?img=/upload/329/large/260.jpg&loaded=1

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Jeff - Those are solid perfomers. We've got 4 of em here at my offic ethat get used for company picnics and such. I know numerous people who use them exclusively and they put out good food. Like i said in a previous post, all you have to do is learn how to use whcihever one you get,

Good luck with your future smokes! I wanna hear about results.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well if this thread is alive again, even if it is because of a spammer I'll add that I still love my Lang 36. Reverse flow, lots of steel, forgiving wood burner. If we hadn't planned on fried turkey this year I'd be smoking one!

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'll play too @Boudie a group of Gilligan's from elsewhere gave me quite a congrats for getting away from a company that was slowly killing me! Pit Boss Lexington, very forgiving, set it and forget it, electric pellet smoker that turns out competition level meat every time I throw it on there! I hold no illusions, I know those guys are tweaking and adjusting the whole time they're smoking.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pellet smokers are cool but in my humble opinion it's hard to beat splits and steel! I kind of get into getting up at 4 am to start the fire, bringing the pit to temp, stabilize the pit, tending the fire, making adjustments to the air intakes, no wait, that a lot of work, damn.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
DANGIT ..... So thoughtless of me, exposing my neighbors and family to second hand smoked meat..... They all seem so happy when the deliciously slow cooked animals come off the grates.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The best part of reading spammer's posts is the spelling. Are the Chinese to English Google translators that bad or are they winging it? Hey Dran people do have issues with BBQ smoke, especially in high density population areas. Not all of use are blessed with the opportunity to live in God's Country,

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can side with both of you on this. I much prefer to build a fire and smoke from chunks/logs on my home built, but my Traeger is much more convenient for deciding last minute to smoke something.

The only thing I’m truly elitist about is ribs, I won’t cook them unless I’ve got time to hang them and do it right.