What's new

Smoking a Verite as I type...

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I'm thinking my taste is skewed by what I smoke on a daily basis. I said medium side of mild-medium, my friend who smokes much lighter than I do is saying med-full on the verite and full on the robusto.
Full on the robusto? So the Esprit stick I smoked was a pre-release, you said you smoked both the pre-release and the actual released stick, what changed in between them? Blend get changed? Just the added time in the aging room on the farm? The pre-release I smoked was garbage, easily in the worst 10 sticks I've ever smoked and I've smoked some crappy shit. Like I said in a previous post, it was like smoking hot air, whether through the nose or not. It was definitely soft on the palate as Pete said, soft like non-existant.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I smoked three cigars tonight in this order:

La Verite
L'esprit la Verite
Fuente Lost City Opus Pyramid

I was disappointed in the La Verite but liked the L'esprit. The L'esprit was fuller in flavor and showed good aging potential. It had something to it that I think will really shine after some down time.

As for La Verite, there just wasn't much there. I am terribly disappointed I bought so many. It was just an average cigar and nowhere near worth what it cost. I was very excited to smoke this cigar and it was a huge let down.

The Lost City? What can I say, the best cigar of the night by far. I love these cigars. Just about a perfect of example of what a fine cigar should taste like (for my palate at least).

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
had the verite last night. the only thing i'll agree with is that it is not your typical tat. totally different. what i experienced was not what i would call spicy at all. much more to the leathery side. i'm gonna try the other one i got to see if this still holds. plus, it left an extremely "dry" taste in my mouth. i did not dislike this stick, but want to see what another does for me.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I forgot to add in my post, and it's been said before, but the bands are hideous. I can't believe Pete made the decision to put these on his most expensive cigars. They are unoriginal and have a generic/"knock-off" feel to them. (And I know you don't smoke the bands, but at least do something more artistic than that).

The Lost City Opus band, on the other hand, is practically a work of art.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I forgot to add in my post, and it's been said before, but the bands are hideous. I can't believe Pete made the decision to put these on his most expensive cigars. They are unoriginal and have a generic/"knock-off" feel to them. (And I know you don't smoke the bands, but at least do something more artistic than that).

The Lost City Opus band, on the other hand, is practically a work of art.
Tell us how you really feel Mike! :stretchgr

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I smoked the L'Esprit last night on a fresh palate and enjoyed it. Definitely not a typical Tat stick, but some spice, enough for me. However, IMO, it's not a $16 stick. I would reach for these at a sub-$10 price point.

I smoked the Verite first thing this morning, fresh palate again, and I was not a fan. Seemed pretty muted. I also had a lot of burn issues on the last 3 inches, could not keep it lit. Pretty much ROTT so I'll chalk the burn issue up to that, but still, this one did nothing for me.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Irregardless if you like the stick or not you have to give Pete props for going out and doing something not done before (or rarely done). It's nice to see a cigar manufacturer not play it safe and should be done more often, imo.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Irregardless if you like the stick or not you have to give Pete props for going out and doing something not done before (or rarely done). It's nice to see a cigar manufacturer not play it safe and should be done more often, imo.
speaking of which, anybody see todays cigar insider? The torano 'single region' quote to be particular?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Toraño has also enlisted the skills of the critically acclaimed Fabrica de Tabacos Raices Cubanas S. de R.L. in Honduras to create the Single Region brand.
“Much like a wine company will focus on one vineyard to represent the terroir, we created a blend around one region
[Jalapa, Nicaragua] and one farm.”

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
everyone is going to jump on the single crop vintage now, next you know we'll have single farm releases from black and mild.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
everyone is going to jump on the single crop vintage now, next you know we'll have single farm releases from black and mild.
Irregardless if you like the stick or not you have to give Toraño props for going out and doing something not done before (or rarely done). It's nice to see a cigar manufacturer not play it safe and should be done more often, imo.

:razz: