What's new

Smoking a Verite as I type...

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
got about an inch into a verite today and started hearing..snap,, snap,,snap..then.......

That looks terrible. I would def let your B & M know about that as they need to make good. I know Pete is good about rectifying those issues but I would hit where you got it first. You spent good money I'm sure and deserve another stick.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
got about an inch into a verite today and started hearing..snap,, snap,,snap..then.......

Bob,

It looks like there was a hairline crack in the wrapper before it was lit...The stress of the tobacco swelling, the wrapper with a minor crack won't hold up.....

PM where you got them from....Thanks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Smoked a L'Espirite last night in the pool. The cigar was great in my book. Medium bodied smoke with great flavors. I was expecting more strength/flavor, but still enjoyed the spice and tobacco flavors.

Of note, I'd put this cigar up as one of the best constructed cigars I've ever smoked. It was densely packed and seemed to have about perfect weight for it's size (unlike the ET release IMO). The wrapper was flawless and was finished with a perfect triple cap. The burn was sharp and clean. But I didn't get the long ash (1.5" or more) that others got. The cigar held together perfectly all the way down to the nub. I even stabbed it with my Xicar scissors (thanks for the idea AJ) and smoked it down to about nothing. BTW...I bought it from a local B&M and smoked it about a few hours later, so obviously it was cared for properly before I got it.

So, while not as strong flavored as I prefer, it was an excellent smoke. A little pricey IMO, but a great cigar for a change in pace for me.

I have two left. I'll have to go back and get a couple of Verite.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I smoked a la verite today and i have to say it was f'cking great! Lots of pepper on the tongue and a nice creaminess took over in the second third. Smoked it all the way to the nub and it never got bitter or too hot. I can only hope the rest of them i have smoke this great. This was MUCH better than the L'Esprit