Smoking in 'da house

Are you allowed to smoke in the house?

• No!

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Not no, but Hell, No!

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • I Live Alone, so Sure

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I'm the BOSS, and I do anything I want! (See Option #2)

Votes: 27 23.5%

• Total voters

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there is no smoking in my house, as decided by my wife and I.. So i took my detached garage, insulated it, ran electricity to it, ran cable to it, ran cat-5 cable to it, put in a fridge, a tv, a poker, table, and heat..

Now its the man's room.. Got some neons from my bar. I spend more time out there, then in the house!!

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
the ol lady doesnt mind if i smoke in the house, as long as its not around our son. so usually i get in a late nite smoke after he's gone to bed.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I smoke in the "Man Cave". It's my old office in the basement 15x15, 37" LCD, surround sound, Aristocrat and my big leather chair.

I have a fan in the window to exhaust the smoke and if my wife comes down to join me for a smoke she has to bring her own chair. The rest of the house is hers, I have no say in anything related to paint color, carpet drapes (like I care). I gave up those rights willingly in return for the "Man Cave" and the "No bitching about cigar purchases" rule. I enjoy a cigar most evenings and so far this has been the best deal I've gotten.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can't smoke in the house. I'm really jelous of those of you who can because I don't think that it will ever be an option for me. Oh well, I'll just have to make due and go to the bar until they ban smoking there.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's nice in Grand Rapids, MI too but I feel like we will follow the national trend and ban smoking pretty soon here. Then I will have to come up with another winter smoking plan.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It's nice in Grand Rapids, MI too but I feel like we will follow the national trend and ban smoking pretty soon here. Then I will have to come up with another winter smoking plan.
You just have to get the Van Andels into cigars.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where's the "Hell YES!" option???? lol!

I do in the new house because it's got a fireplace that sucks the smoke out when I have a fire in it. Or in the basement or in my "office" (grandpa's old office) where I store all of my hobby stuff. But we're only talking about a couple of times a week if I'm lucky and I always have the ionizer running when I do and all night afterward. You can still smell it a little the next day or so but it goes away quickly.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I will rarely smoke in the house since I don't care for the lingering smell that follows for a few days. On the occasions that I do, it is in our finished basement with the windows open.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
During the winter the wife allows me to smoke one a day in the house with fans going. during any warm spells or when spring hits it's outside. I do puff in the car but not while the family is in it.

Don

ToranoFan

BOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant beat it... of course it really depends on the weather. IF its hot the air con will take the smoke right out the window anyway and if its cold i normally sit in bed watching tv next to the window. Thats the life.. :D

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So for those who smoke indoors, what kind of air purifiers are you using, if at all?

The new apartment I'll be moving into will have a smaller room (think 10' x 10') that I'll be smoking in. What should I be looking at in regards to purifiers? Are Sharper Images' any good? Csonkas' overpriced?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I hear that the SI aren't bad but not the best. The Csonka's I hear work very well.

There are two things you need to do with smoking in the house. Get fresh air in and either 1)Get the smokey air out or 2)Take the smoke out of the air

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well I'll be putting a box fan facing out (or should it be facing in?) into one of the room's windows, but I still think I'm going to grab an air purifier and maybe a candle or two.