What's new

Smoking in the Humidor?

Is i OK to smoke in a humidor?

• Total voters

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Now here's the question is it okay to smoke in a humidor? What had me thinking was a friend just got back from Vegas and was a little annoyed that they were smoking in the humidor. I have always shied away from places that permitted it but wonder if it is really an issue. They all smoke while they roll the cigars right?

What do you all think?

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i never smoke in a humidor. some stores post signs or tell you not to. i've always assumed that the air exchange with the humidifiers is not the best so they don't want any excess smoke in the room. they're usually so overhumidified anyway it seems to hold the smoke more?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The CI superstore is one HUGE humidor and you can smoke anywhere in there....so why not?
How good is the air filtration? A good enough system should be able to remove almost all of the smoke in the air. I don't think your average walk-in has that level of filtration, though.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
If they change the filters on their cooling and humidification units then maybe, but most of the places I go don't allow it. I guess it would also depend on the size of the humidor.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I loathe peoplesmoking inside the humidor. Why not enjoy the smell of the walk in alone and be patient! It is only a minute until ye walk out of it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I loathe peoplesmoking inside the humidor. Why not enjoy the smell of the walk in alone and be patient! It is only a minute until ye walk out of it.
I'm with you on this, I love the smell of a humidor. So If it's a walk-in, no way would I want smoking inside. If it's a whole-store humidor, though, then I'm sure the air filtration can handle it as others have said--sort of like a factory.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
But why at times is it alright for the B&M staff to enter with a lit cigar?

And I've seen them enter the humidor with a lit cigar only to get someone who was smoking inside out.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I voted yes. We do at the store I work at. No signs posted and the cigars all smell wonderful. The only thing that I think happens is that the cellophane gets hazed because of the humidity mixing with the smoke. Essentially it gets on the uncelloed cigars but it wipes off as if it were dust. I have never noticed any adverse effects of smoking in there.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
You know its funy most of you guys go to places that dont allow you to smoke in their humido, but I have never, I repeat... never, been to a place that didnt allow you to smoke in the humidor, with the exception of places that have smoking bans for their whole building. I dont generally think its the smartest thing to do, but dont think it'll mess up the cigars either. Cheers!!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you've ever made the newbie mistake of putting your half smoked stogie back in the humidor for later... you'll know why it's a bad idea.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
If you've ever made the newbie mistake of putting your half smoked stogie back in the humidor for later... you'll know why it's a bad idea.
It's not the same, but I did make the mistake of putting a half-smoke stogie in a cigar ziplock bag, and leaving it in the car for about 6 hours. I hopped in my car to head home, and my car smelled like an old ashtray! ( Yuck! )