What's new

Smoking in the Humidor?

Is i OK to smoke in a humidor?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Don't get on a power trip trying to shame specific people by outing them for having an opinion you don't agree with. Just give your opinion next time and move out smartly.
I'm sure he can tell you himself if I'm wrong, but it being a public poll we all knew anyways and its not like there was a right answer. Looked to me like he was just directing a question to specifically those that voted a certain way. I didn't see anyone getting shamed:dunno:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Wow, Plush, that's kind of a dick move outing every one that marked "Sure, Why Not". I don't know about the others in your list, but it is rubbing me the wrong way.

Don't get on a power trip trying to shame specific people by outing them for having an opinion you don't agree with. Just give your opinion next time and move out smartly.
Kurt,

Since you are new here let me enlighten you. The poll is an open poll, which means EVERYONE can see it. Click on it and find out. So, not sure how I am a Dick? If it is rubbing you the wrong way, then I think you have issue. I was not attacking anyone. I ask sincere questions. I have no need to go on a "power trip" my power is evident to the non-informed passer-by. It seems your post was more to shame than mine. I know several of the guys who voted that way and have herfed with them as well. I offered up no "opinion" as you say, I offered up my own findings and asked questions of other brothers.

So, go smoke something nice and chill out.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I'm sure he can tell you himself if I'm wrong, but it being a public poll we all knew anyways and its not like there was a right answer. Looked to me like he was just directing a question to specifically those that voted a certain way. I didn't see anyone getting shamed:dunno:

Exactly brother. Just like a cigar, if you say you like it I want to know why you like it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kurt,

Since you are new here let me enlighten you. The poll is an open poll, which means EVERYONE can see it. Click on it and find out. So, not sure how I am a Dick? If it is rubbing you the wrong way, then I think you have issue. I was not attacking anyone. I ask sincere questions. I have no need to go on a "power trip" my power is evident to the non-informed passer-by. It seems your post was more to shame than mine. I know several of the guys who voted that way and have herfed with them as well. I offered up no "opinion" as you say, I offered up my own findings and asked questions of other brothers.

So, go smoke something nice and chill out.
I said it was a "dick move", I didn't call you a dick. Why would I call you a dick?? I don't even know you. No need to make it any more personal. It's only a forum. It's like an intelligent person who makes a stupid decision. It doesn't make them into a stupid person automatically because they made a stupid decision. They are still an intelligent person. Their action, not the person, was stupid. I hope this makes it clear enough that I don't think you are a dick.

I've never seen anybody in this forum print the names of those who responded a certain way. I personally wouldn't have done it. Whether I am new or not to this forum, singling out a minority group by names seems a bit over the top. We know (as everyone else does) who we are that voted 'Sure, why not". Do what you want...just something to think about.

I stand corrected. You did post a question not an opinion.

I didn't need a cigar to chill out. I forgot about your post after replying. There are more important things in life than a forum. The rest of my day was great. I hope I caused you no grief? If I did, I hope a cigar eventually chilled you out. Have a great day, Brian.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Add my name to the "Sure, Why Not?" response!

In a GOOD walk-in, there should be ventilation and air flow and it shouldn't matter.......... if your particular B&M has private lockers in the same walk-in as regular stock and/or doesn't have good air flow (i.e. exhaust fan with filtered air coming back in)... then they need to have a sign telling patrons not to smoke in their humi.

I've been to some of the highest-end and oldest cigar shops on the planet... as well as a TON of LCDHs around the world............ MOST you can smoke in... and you're VERY often led in by a puffing manager.

Heck... there's a big chain of lounges, here in AZ, called Churchill's Fine Cigars and their ENTIRE establishments are humidified... with the lounges and smoking areas right amongst the boxes and singles for sale........ they're just heavily ventilated with the proper equipment to still the right areas humidified enough (and are all even Davidoff and Opus authorized retailers that get inspected by many).

I see absolutely no problem with a B&M allowing it if they have proper ventilation.

Cheers! :cbig:
Thanks for your post on common sense. I've followed that puffing manager many times also.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The CI superstore is one HUGE humidor and you can smoke anywhere in there....so why not?
That's not entirely true. Most of CI's stock is in the backroom, separated from the retail end of it.

On the topic of discussion, I would rather walk in a humi, smell the freshness and aroma of unsmoked cigars than smell someone else's smoke.

:smokingbo:thumbsup::tiphat:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I received some LP no 9 from a very reputable shop with an online store and know there was smoking in the humi were they were stored. I personally do not like it as I do not want the cigar I purchased to be infused from the smoke of other cigars. The LP's still smell of day old smoke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I visited Tesa Cigar Co. in Chicago a last month. They're entire store/lounge/humidor is one open room, and their cigars are stored open, uncello'd on shelves. I can tell you for a fact that the cigars I took home smelled like stale smoke. Doesn't seem (so far) to have any impact on flavor.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah, I prefer shops that don't allow it, only because at those which do allow it, I have on occasion gotten sticks that smell like stale cigarettes...

CigarMan Andy

Taveling Herf Man
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I smoke in my walk in, but out of respect for the shop owners, I don't smoke in their walk in. How ever, several cigar shops across our nation, have the whole store as a humidor.