What's new

Smoking w or w/o drinks

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Of course drinks make everything better but I don't enjoy smoking w/o drinking. Is it just me? My mouth gets too dry and it's not enjoyable. I don't drink coffee so when I say drinking I mean alcohol. Ive seen a lot of people do enjoy coffee with a stick but I really have to have a good whiskey stout or other with mine. How about u guys ... Well and gals.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I enjoy just having a Diet Coke if I am not drinking alcohol. Iced tea during the summer hits the spot too. I like to have something with flavor, not just water.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
just depends on the time of day.. and what I am smoking...

I drink coffee pretty much all morning... if I reach for a stick before about 10AM.. typically its something mild like a MoW virtue or a 5 Vegas Gold, etc.. something easy on the pallate.. that will go with "blonde" coffee..

the rest of the "business day" I almost always pair a cigar with water.. I probably go through 10x glasses of water a day... I dont drink much else honestly.. other than coffee in the AM and occasional alcohol in the PM... sodas and things like that.. are a very infrequent treat (maybe once a week?).. so they rarely get paired...

After work is done.. all bets are off.. it could be another glass of water... or it cold be something alcoholic... it depends on the evening meal, depends on the cigar, etc.. could be anything from a beer, to a glass of scotch, to a glass of wine, to a bottle of pelligrino.. just depends....

Last edited:

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I know you said you don't drink coffee, but for me that is my favorite drink to pair with a cigar. I've heard of a lot of people who like to pair a soda with a cigar (heard Pete Johnson in an interview say he prefers to pair cigars with orange soda), and the sugar helps with smoking stronger cigars as well.

Regarding alcohol, I prefer peaty scotches and the peat can over power some of the flavors from the cigar for me, but sometimes will pair less peaty scotches and bourbons with cigars and enjoy them. I've just started to experiment with craft beers so I don't have much to add for those yet.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
By far my favorite is coffee. I also have the occasional soda, and rarely a beer or lemonade. I actually enjoy pairing lemonade more than soda, but I don't usually have any on hand.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
A good bourbon can make a cigar that's normally a 4 into a solid 7, imo. Rarely I'll light up in the morning and pair with coffee but normally I smoke at night and pair with whiskey, normally bourbon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
90% of the time it's coffee for me (Aeropress, espresso, french press, moka pot, etc...)

The other 10% it's either soda, beer or whisky (Scotch/Bourbon). I've found some sticks that pair well with IPAs, others with Imperial Stouts and so on and so forth. Whisky goes well with pretty much everything. I really like how Caol Ila 12 compliments cigars.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well maybe ill try some of these non alcoholic options. The issue comes from the fact that as an instructor I have weeks like this where teach in the evening all week and because of my functioning alcoholism that typically accompanies my smoke lol, my next smoke op is Sunday. It's 60 degrees In dc today and I have all day to sit and smoke but I have to leave the bourbon Etc on the shelf because I teach this evening. I appreciate the responses

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
...I've heard of a lot of people who like to pair a soda with a cigar (heard Pete Johnson in an interview say he prefers to pair cigars with orange soda), and the sugar helps with smoking stronger cigars as well...
this right here! i don't feel the need to pair, but coffee is usually on my palate ost of the time, in all honesty (duh). i do however have a stash of ginger ale on hand for nic bombs. also pairs quite well too!

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
hydrate with water, toss back a couple of tasty easier brews .
fire up ..
if dryness sets, quench with a highly flammable type booze ...

Thanks !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to need a water on hand and I've tried coffee or soda. Lately I prefer no beverage at all. Not even water.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Used to be a good single malt scotch, but lately its been plain drinking water or coffee in the rare occasion I have a cigar in the AM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2