What's new

So Cal Beach Herf. March 28, 2015

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
The first So Cal Beach Herf was held in October 2008, at Aliso Creek Beach... the second in October 2009. We had such a blast, it was decided to have them twice a year since. Always the same place. Always the same time. If my calculation is correct...

13th So Cal Beach Herf!

Place: Aliso Creek Beach, South Laguna Beach, Orange County
Firepit: far south end of the beach past the snack bar and restrooms
Time: 6am - 10pm

Address:
31131 S. Pacific Coast Hwy.
Laguna Beach, CA 92652
(949)923-2280

Parking is $1 per hour in the lot, and can be hard to find, but street parking with a short walk is free and available.

Acomodations: Aliso Creek Inn- directly across PCH form our beach
http://www.alisocreekinn.com/

All day
All Welcome

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can likely make it for at least some portion of the day, especially if my wife and kids want to take a hike down there.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Let's pahtaaaaaaay! Let me talk my mom into having her birthday on that Sunday and I'm there!

I'll bring wood and some growlers o'suds.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is there anywhere to BBQ down there? I could make a Costco stop a day or two prior, if we can get a head count.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I usually bring a smoked meat of some sort. Tri tip, pulled pork... Danny usually cooks up hamburgers. Steve usually brings fixins for salami sammichs. Use the corner of the fire pit w charcoal to cook over. Always a ton of sides ... We're eating all day long!

Danny had posted on a previous thread about cooking up a whole pig this year.

Last herf, the turnout was much more than the headcount! We still had too much food.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sound fun! Was thinking of bringing my wife and 18 month old and setting them up upwind away from the BOTL smoke.

Are there usually families with kids playing around the BOTL location?

How thick is the smoke?

Is this a party foul? Maybe they should just go shopping...

Last edited:

Upnsmoke

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Put me on the bus with the "interested but not committed yet" crowd...I'll check the calendar and let you guys know if I can make it...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
For sure, bring family and wives, et al. Mine usually attends, though not this one. CWS usually brings his (Apple pie!!). Mark and Dave bring theres. As do a few more. Usually have at least 3 easy ups.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm getting closer and closer to a confirmed yes. My wife wants to roll out with me and bring the kids, so hopefully a few more of you guys can drag families along. How sweet would it be to sit around smoking cigars all day WITHOUT burning the "baby, just watch the kids for awhile" pass?

Upnsmoke

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I knew I had something going on...Just remember that we will have a performance on that night.
Anyone not able to make the Herf and want to come out for some live Brazilian music, we will be performing in Culver City.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I don't think you need to worry about having to stay "upwind". Unless you are directly in someones face, the smoke dissapates quickly.
It is my sister's birthday and if she has plans that doesn't include me, Ill be there with the Smoking Fire Tiki.

It should be done by the Herf!