What's new

So Cal Beach Herf. March 28, 2015

Rating - 100%
33   0   0

I don't think you need to worry about having to stay "upwind". Unless you are directly in someones face, the smoke dissapates quickly.
It is my sister's birthday and if she has plans that doesn't include me, Ill be there with the Smoking Fire Tiki.

It should be done by the Herf!
Thanks HafaDaiBoi! I will be there for sure with the family. I will wait a bit to see what to bring. it will be nice to meet the all the BOTLs there!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
This is turning out! I bought a pork shoulder, so I'll be bringing smoked pulled pork and buns, an easy up, couple of tables, mr. Rogers famous olive dip,
And crackers,..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I say go whole hog. What do you need from us, Some $$$ to help pay for the little piggy?
I'll bring wood, apples, cookies, salami sammies, easy-up, charcoal - same as always. (Except I'll remember the dark chocolate this time).

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm down to get it done with the pig roast.
I say go whole hog. What do you need from us, Some $$$ to help pay for the little piggy?
I'll bring wood, apples, cookies, salami sammies, easy-up, charcoal - same as always. (Except I'll remember the dark chocolate this time).

That would be helpful :)

A hog weighing around 60 to 70 lbs (live weight) would cost me $200 at the farms in Chino. I can do either a Southern Style smoked pig, or a citrus marinated Cuban style pig. I am personally interested in trying the Southern style, but I'm up for anything.
I will also need about 80 lbs of charcoal, but I can always pick that up at Sam's or Costco.
There will be a ton of meat. I did a 100 lb hog for NYE and we had 60 people and there was about 10 lbs of meat left over, so I don't think there will be a shortage of protein.

Let me know what everyone thinks. :-D

Upnsmoke

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't mean to sound all wishy washy but there is a chance that my performance will be transferred to Friday the 27. If that happens then I can attend the herf...