What's new

So Cal is on fire!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
mandatory evacuation! the fire is coming down the front-side of mount san miguel, across the street from my house! ha!! i'm leaving right now for ramona, an hour away, for a minimum of 12 hours!! daughter's safe. dogs are safe. just hope my house is here when i get back!! thanks for the prayers boys!! keep 'em coming!!

jeff

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
WOW Jeff, that is close. God be with you. They evacuated several neighborhoods last night that are roughly 5 miles from me. The hill sides were all glowing red last nighht and the air is choking everyone. I woke up this morning with crystal clear skies and the stink of a campfire in the air. I hope the wind died down last night nd gave the firefighters a break. It is expected to kick backup during ther day today. I have several freinds in the foothill ranch area who are bringing valuables to my house today incase they do a mandatory evac later. I have 3 dogs in my back yard that I've only met a couple of times. My dog does not like this one bit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff,

Sorry to hear that the fire is so close to your home. I have an uncle and aunt that live in El Cajon, so I keep an eye on fires out there. The fires 4 years ago got within a couple of miles of my mom's house ( she has since moved to Keller ), but it then receeded. That was kind of scary. I can't imagine one just across the street! Hang in there, and best wishes for you, your family and your home.

Mark

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
got a breather (no pun intended, as visibility is about 50 yards),,, my friend is camped out in my backyard,,, pump in the pool with a fire hose standing by,,, he said he would 'wait it out' for me! so, i'm pretty confident my house will still be there. unfortunatley, the harris fire is now threatening another 2000 homes! we're off to the 4-S ranch, as it is now fully engulfed!! that's the witch creek fire!

jeff

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Now that's a friend!! Stay safe dude, there is not a structure or animal out there as important as you. You are already a hero, you don't need a medal to prove it.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Nice friend!

Keep up the good work with your ff brothers down there ... but stay safe.
Prayers sent to keep the winds down and the humidity up.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
A outstanding News report on 20 - 20 tonite with Charlie Gibson.....

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
well, all i can say is "wow!" utter devastation. mostly patrolling for looters today, as many of the communities are still unsafe to go back into.

i'll tell you who the adrenaline junkies are: the winds died down and the planes got to play! we parked atop hwy 67, overlooking mount woodson. lots of flames threatening a slew of antennas and repeaters atop the mount. there was a scout plane which orbited high above the mount,,, two navy cobra heli's that darted in with their baskets of water,,, and then the stunt pilots with their flame-retardant cargo... they'd dive into this thick smoke cloud, emerge on the face of this mount at an unreal diagonal slope, hugging the wall of this mount, all the while dropping their load with pinpoint precesion! then, the plane pulls up and hard right, gaining altitude and away... and there were three of them!! an absolute perfect coordination of high-powered resources! hope the video turned out!!!

gentlemen, thank you for allowing me to share! haven't seen my daughter in two days,,, or anyone else for that! nice release as i drink my third beer!!

we'll do it again tomorrow,,, same bat time,,, same bat channel....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jeff, thanks for updating us.

What's the latest on the battle against the fires?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
winds are down,,, planes are up! lot's (i mean LOTS) of federal support.... here's a great story

CA governor has to ask for assistance,,, goes through several channels before it gets to the national guard, who has 6 DC10 (?) fire planes, 2 colorodo, 2 wyoming, 2 ?... prior to arnie's call, the top national guard dude puts in an order for all planes to gear up for fire training exercises in CA. when they received the official order to get to CA to help, the planes were already prepared, and they started dropping this afternoon!

i got home tonight and there were many more people on my street watching the fires on mount san miguel. though they looked close, i knew we were okay. there were at least 20 fire rigs that were positioned at the 94/54 intersection. and they weren't needed, due to all the other units on the front lines!!

talked to a few neighbors who came over when i got home. they wanted to know what i thought. i have no worries. which is a good thing, cuz i'm fricking tired!!!!!

so, to answer your question, WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Good to hear Jeff....still haven't heard from my friend Bill though :scratchhe

He may be out of town though, hope he's OK. He lives near Escondido.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Good to hear Jeff....still haven't heard from my friend Bill though :scratchhe

He may be out of town though, hope he's OK. He lives near Escondido.
give me his address. i'll see what i can do

chuck, i can't fricking figure out this multiquote shit! so, i'll keep my cell phone on! it's a damn good thing that those tankers put the fires out!! ha!!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
give me his address. i'll see what i can do

chuck, i can't fricking figure out this multiquote shit! so, i'll keep my cell phone on! it's a damn good thing that those tankers put the fires out!! ha!!!
No worries. I breath a little easier when I get those calls.:popeyes: