What's new

So Cal is on fire!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
day one arial surveillance of witch creek fire. The fire's coming into Ramona, Poway, and Rancho Bernardo, with the latter losing 400+ homes.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
day 3,,, I live on a canyon that looks to the north. if you look to the east, that's what i saw at 0430 hours. If you stand in front of my house and looked to the southwest, there is another mountain on fire. absolutely amazing!! and another taken from the pacific ocean, looking into san diego bay!! what a shot (not by me)!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
and those amazing flying machines...

working on the videos.... got one of a helicopter crash in Ramona.... just kind find them! Most of these pictures were taken by our unit. a few others (particularly the night shots) were taken by other deputies. I have access to about a 1000 photos! un-freaking-real!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
the finale,,, day 7, 1700 hours, 119 hours worked, and the radio call for all units to "STAND DOWN!" my squad (i'm on the far right).

most of these were from my team, at the witch creek fire. the harris fire was the one that threatened my home, and i've been reviewing some phenomenal shots of those,,,, will post some more later!

thanks guys!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
day 3,,, I live on a canyon that looks to the north. if you look to the east, that's what i saw at 0430 hours. If you stand in front of my house and looked to the southwest, there is another mountain on fire. absolutely amazing!! and another taken from the pacific ocean, looking into san diego bay!! what a shot (not by me)!!
check out the background from the bay shot. this is the harris fire. see the repeaters atop the mountain just to the left of the flames? that's Mount San Miguel. i live on the northern side, less than a mile from the base! the fire eventually came up and over all those ridges back there. that's the first picture. incredible!!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Thank God not more were hurt or killed in this mess....Now that it is over, and I have seen this for many years, (I worked in Southern Cal for 8 years in late 70's-80's as a Fire Captain) People continue to build homes in a place that can't be protected, (then they want the Fire Departments to save there homes) They want to live in a giant fucking brush patch, another fire will burn through these same places in a few years, and they will keep building in the same places. All this is doing is putting Fire Fighters/Cops and many others at risk, How many people have to die before this madness stops....All the Fire Agencies, Fire Departments, VFD, Red Cross, are trained to help and do there job, But the homes get bigger, harder to protect ...........Sorry about the ranting guys

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i totally understand! and the reason not as many people were killed was because of the reverse 911 system. however, ever since the occupation of ramona began, all i've heard people say is, "i'm not leaving again." mandatory evacuation means, if you leave your house, you can't get back in until we say so.... it's not gonna be pretty next time around....

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
we've set up a file on our intranet,,,, thousands of photos posted by deputies across the county! pretty awesome!! my unit put together a ppt,,, trying to figure out how to post,,,, any suggestions?