What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Legend started the whole modern vampire and zombie genres. I guess the main two problems I had with the Will Smith take on it was 1. They pretty much took out that they where vampires and 2. By changing the ending they ruined the meaning of the book when he was the legend to the new race of vampires instead of the vampires being the legends to the human race.
this makes me want to read the novel! sounds waaay better

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Autobiography of Bill Bruford- drummer for Yes, King Crimson, Earthworks, etc. More about 40 years of dealing with the music business than the sex, drugs & rock & roll. An essential read for anyone aspiring to make a living playing music.

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, not exactly reading "audiobook".

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For me: The Royal Road to Card Magic
School: Too bloody many, but this week: "The Pineal Eye" and "The Solar Anus" by Georges Bataille both, as well as "Politics for Amador".

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
The Brothers Karamazov...

...STILL!!! Why couldn't he have used normal names like Bob or Henry!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, I like to read short stories. I usually go my garden, sat there with my cuban cigar. I enjoy this thing.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Currently reading "Confederacy of Dunces," by John Kennedy Toole. It's absolutely hilarious! Really took me by surprise, but it came highly recommended.

In making the most of my summer when I'm not being slammed by school reading, I've read, since June, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius," by Dave Eggers, "Lolita," by Vladimir Nabokov, "The Savage Detectives," by Roberto Bolano, and "Catch-22," by Joseph Heller. All excellent books.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got the most recent volume in the Southern Vampire Chronicles series (the Sookie Stackhouse books that HBO's True Blood is based on). Haven't started it yet. Just finished Neon Rain, one of the first books in the Dave Robicheaux series by James Lee Burke. I'm also re-reading Justine, the first book in the Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell, which I read in college (about 45 years ago!).