What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moro:

I agree. Neruda's metaphors are mindblowing. He can put two disparate thoughts together to forge a compelling new image. And he does it over and over and over.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Saully:

I haven't read that one yet. I too have a list of books to read "someday." I have also discovered that sometimes "someday" is too late. I finally got around to reading "Catcher in the Rye" when I was about 40. I concluded that if you don't read it while you're still a teen, you may as well not bother. lol.

I suspect that Atlas Shrugged has more staying power.
It does -- To do it right (and take 6 months or so) I should have taken notes because it contains much that's written about today. One issue in particular is whether those who have become economically successful through their own knowledge and abilities should be required to finance the lives of those who have not.

Where/what do you teach?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Fire on the Mountain by john Maclean... its pretty good if your into wildland firefighting. tryin to find out how to get a job doin that after college

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just finished "A Feast for Crows" by George R. R. Martin - so when is he coming out with the next book in the series?

Just started The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
I'm waiting on the new Martin book also. Right now I'm reading the new Stephen King novel Under the Dome.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Read The Road by Cormac McCarthy the other weekend & am currently reading Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott. Next will be 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A buddy of mine turned me on to the "Rain" series by Barry Eisler. Good, easy reading about a Japanese/American hit man named John Rain. I recommend it highly, if you like the genre, but you MUST read them in order, starting with Rain Fall. I'm on the third one, and I hate putting them down.