What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished rereading Sandman again and I'm reading

The Invisibles and Transmetropolitan are be reread

And for a real book I am reading Neal Stephensons Quicksilver I've tried it before but it is a very dense book that you really have to focus on.

Liteumup

CRA Member #202832
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Let me be the one that dumbs this thread down.........
"Where is Joe Merchant" - Jimmy Buffett

Now stop playing all smaht and edumicated :halfgrinw

coastalgriff

Educated Redneck
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just finished rereading Defoe's A Journal of the Plague Year. Started Tim Butcher's Blood River this morning. Promises to be a good read.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
i've read all of cussler's stuff. too bad he doesnt' really write any of it any more.
Tis a pity, similar to Robert Ludlum novels which continue to come into print bearing his name regardless of the fact he is no longer with us. Tom Clancy is another notable example of a great author having fallen prey to promoting books in this fashion.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm working on Knives at Dawn: America's Quest for Culinary Gold at the Legendary Bocuse d'Or Competition by Andrew Friedman. Very cool so far. It's all about the US history in this competition, and the selection and training of the 2009 USA Team.

Jammerjoe

Fantasy Sports Geek
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tis a pity, similar to Robert Ludlum novels which continue to come into print bearing his name regardless of the fact he is no longer with us. Tom Clancy is another notable example of a great author having fallen prey to promoting books in this fashion.
At least Ludlum's stuff is being written by Eric Van Lustbader, who was a pretty damn good novelist in his own right. I recently read his latest, First Daughter. This is a REALLY good book!

Tried a couple of Cussler's...just didn't quite get him. Too ... normal ... but then again I am a huge Dean Koontz/Terry Goodkind/Ted Decker fan. Decker's Circle trilogy might be one of the better one's I've read in a while.