What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have been sober for 3 months yesterday. I drank a lot for a long time. It finally caught up with me. I got arrested for drunk driving in the wee hours of the morning after going on a bender. I have a beautiful wife and 6 kids under the age of 14. My life was not in shambles but my relationships with my family suffered dearly. My wife never knew me sober before. I am improving as a husband and father, but I have a long road to go. I know it is only by God's grace that I have been able to resist the temptation to drink. It is one day at a time, sometimes one minute or 5 seconds at a time. It is deffinately getting easier. Coincidentally I started smoking cigars on my 10th day sober. It is something I can really look forward to and enjoy instead of whiskey or beer. Cigars are very therapeutic for me. Thanks for listening!

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Had a big wake up call today. I'm at 25 days today, and my parents threw a sweet 16 party for my niece. Not thinking about it, a lot of my sisters friends and family members were over and the booze came out. Not to worry, I had none. However, vodka, wine, beer, and whiskey were out and almost everyone was drinking and talking about different beers. My sponsor told me to hold off a little before discussing it with my parents, but I did tell them I'm not drinking anymore and would appreciate it if they didn't offer any to me. Well, after the first hour, it was all that was on my mind, and I started to get a knot in my stomach and thinking about drinking non stop. After presents and the old happy birthday song, I excused myself and went home (my wife and I drove separate due to the Super Bowl). I came home, and chatted with my sponsor for a good 20 minutes. Today was not easy or comfortable, but I made it. While I knew I wasn't going to drink, it made me real uncomfortable. Thankfully this is a rare family occasion where booze comes out, but man, I can't wait till this gets easier. regardless, I concentrated on what I'm doing right this moment and survived.

I truly appreciate all the support you guys have given me. It really helps to know that people are counting on me besides just family and friends.
8ball, you are awesome. Those have also been the hardest situations for me. My family and friends are catching on that I don't drink anymore and some are very supportive others are very surprised i had a problem. Don't give up. Fight for it.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have been sober for 3 months yesterday. I drank a lot for a long time. It finally caught up with me. I got arrested for drunk driving in the wee hours of the morning after going on a bender. I have a beautiful wife and 6 kids under the age of 14. My life was not in shambles but my relationships with my family suffered dearly. My wife never knew me sober before. I am improving as a husband and father, but I have a long road to go. I know it is only by God's grace that I have been able to resist the temptation to drink. It is one day at a time, sometimes one minute or 5 seconds at a time. It is deffinately getting easier. Coincidentally I started smoking cigars on my 10th day sober. It is something I can really look forward to and enjoy instead of whiskey or beer. Cigars are very therapeutic for me. Thanks for listening!
Man, you sound just like me. Yeah, my wife was used to me being a drunk since I've been that way since she's known me. I've also been a much better husband and father lately. Cigars have also become a treat as opposed to something I did while drinking. I'm going strong now since I see the road ahead and am finally enjoying the little things in life as opposed to me ignoring them due to my drinking schedule.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just wanted to check in with you guys. Today marks 60 days! This is the longest I've been sober in 18 years. Feeling great. I joined a gym and started lifting again and I bought a new (used) bike. I've been going to AA meetings 4-5 times a week, and Ive also been getting up at 8:45 which is early since I get out at 12:30 am. Life is good and Im thankful for you guys sharing, it's really helped. God bless.

SoberSmokes

Lets Go Rangers!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wanted to check in with you guys. Today marks 60 days! This is the longest I've been sober in 18 years. Feeling great. I joined a gym and started lifting again and I bought a new (used) bike. I've been going to AA meetings 4-5 times a week, and Ive also been getting up at 8:45 which is early since I get out at 12:30 am. Life is good and Im thankful for you guys sharing, it's really helped. God bless.
Seems like things are turning around for you. It's amazing how God works and blesses us as long as we do the right thing one day at a time. What's ur fav cigars

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Seems like things are turning around for you. It's amazing how God works and blesses us as long as we do the right thing one day at a time. What's ur fav cigars

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk
I'm detecting a trick here, so I'll say ones that are not machine made :ROFLMAO:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Boom!

Now get 61 bro!!!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
That is awesome brother! Feels great don't it? Keep it up. We are all here for you if you need it.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Congrats brother and remember friends, family and faith are all here to help you on your journey.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Outstanding job brother -- proud to call you my friend!! (y)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
That's awesome man, so happy for you. Great to see you reaping the benefits of early sobriety! Keep keeping it simple, and keep doing the next right thing!

And may you never celebrate 60 days again.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First, I want to congratulate all those who are clean and sober here, it's truly an amazing thing. Keep at it and your life will continue to become more positive every day, even if there are tough ones every once in a while. Secondly, I just joined this forum today and stumbled across this thread browsing and I must say I found the right community to be a part of, seeing this kind of support is an amazing thing. And lastly, I myself am clean and sober for 8 years and two months. So even though I know I'm as new as new gets on this board and I've only been interested in cigars for a short time now, Sobriety has been a part of my life for years. So needless to say I'm here for anyone if they need it. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm slowly and begrudgingly coming to the conclusion that I need to quit drinking. I'm wasting time and money...I've actually tried a few times lately but I always end up just falling back into my old habits. Going to be quite the challenge.