What's new

Sobriety Thread

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Two weeks ago I took my kids camping and it was the first time sober. Best camping trip ever! I spent so much more time with my kids, laughing, playing and it's no longer a resentment either. What a great way of life. Last night we camped out in the driveway, watched movies and had a blast.

138 days now. I have a counter, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even check it anymore which is a sign that my recovery has worked.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Two weeks ago I took my kids camping and it was the first time sober. Best camping trip ever! I spent so much more time with my kids, laughing, playing and it's no longer a resentment either. What a great way of life. Last night we camped out in the driveway, watched movies and had a blast.

138 days now. I have a counter, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even check it anymore which is a sign that my recovery has worked.
Keep up the good work brother. Catch you tomorrow!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

That is awesome brother! Keep it up.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
138 days now. I have a counter, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even check it anymore which is a sign that my recovery is working.
FIFY buddy. Keep working it brother, stay on your toes and never forget where you came from. Glad to here you're enjoying life, your family is probably loving it even more than you!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not like I'm constantly fighting the urge to drink, but when I do that urge sticks around for a while. And I want to continue to drink alot. I come from a family of alcoholics/drug abuse. My mom, my grandfather, and all but one aunt and one uncle. I don't drink alot, but when I do I go hard, and right now I have no around me to cut me off. I had my brother and sister-in-law but now they're gone and aren't coming back. Could this be the start of a serious problem.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's not like I'm constantly fighting the urge to drink, but when I do that urge sticks around for a while. And I want to continue to drink alot. I come from a family of alcoholics/drug abuse. My mom, my grandfather, and all but one aunt and one uncle. I don't drink alot, but when I do I go hard, and right now I have no around me to cut me off. I had my brother and sister-in-law but now they're gone and aren't coming back. Could this be the start of a serious problem.
Hi Richard, welcome to BOTL. I admire you for asking the question. The truth is, you can answer the question yourself. You really don't need any of us to answer it. That is something only you can answer. Just be honest with yourself. It's a question we have all asked ourselves and determined our own truth. I wish you only the best!

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This Saturday is my 6 month birthday. I know that I can never be a social drinker, and I've accepted that. All I have to do is think about it and I know that even one would set me over the edge. Sobriety is good and it's so true that alcohol is a depressant. I'm a much more happier person and I don't have the short fuse that I had.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
This Saturday is my 6 month birthday. I know that I can never be a social drinker, and I've accepted that. All I have to do is think about it and I know that even one would set me over the edge. Sobriety is good and it's so true that alcohol is a depressant. I'm a much more happier person and I don't have the short fuse that I had.
Very awesome. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Good morning brothers. My name is Curtis and I am an alcoholic. My sobriety day is 09/27/2006, today is my 10th birthday. The only reason I am sober today is through the grace of my higher power and the fellowship of AA. For all of you who are just starting you sober journey, and for those that are still struggling, I cannot overstate how important it is for you to continue to that fight. My life is in immeasurably better than when I was drinking. I struggled for decades knowing that drinking was ruining my life. Even when I knew i was at my bottom and had to stop forever, I went back out three times over the course of five months. It wasn't until I was willing to fully admit that I was powerless over alcohol and that my life had become unmanageable that I was able to commit to my recovery. That is not to say I didn't still struggle at times, I made many a call to other alcoholics before I took that first drink, and I answered many a call from other alcoholics before they took theirs. I still go to meetings, not because I still have an urge to drink, but so I can hear the stories of the newcomers to remind me again how insidious this disease is, and to offer my experience and hope to those struggling. I am available to anyone who needs to talk. I don't have all the answers, all I have is my story and experience.......and hope, I have plenty of hope, and I will share it with whomever needs it. I wish you all a sober day....keep up the fight, it is worth every second of struggle and effort. Bless you all.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Good morning brothers. My name is Curtis and I am an alcoholic. My sobriety day is 09/27/2006, today is my 10th birthday. The only reason I am sober today is through the grace of my higher power and the fellowship of AA. For all of you who are just starting you sober journey, and for those that are still struggling, I cannot overstate how important it is for you to continue to that fight. My life is in immeasurably better than when I was drinking. I struggled for decades knowing that drinking was ruining my life. Even when I knew i was at my bottom and had to stop forever, I went back out three times over the course of five months. It wasn't until I was willing to fully admit that I was powerless over alcohol and that my life had become unmanageable that I was able to commit to my recovery. That is not to say I didn't still struggle at times, I made many a call to other alcoholics before I took that first drink, and I answered many a call from other alcoholics before they took theirs. I still go to meetings, not because I still have an urge to drink, but so I can hear the stories of the newcomers to remind me again how insidious this disease is, and to offer my experience and hope to those struggling. I am available to anyone who needs to talk. I don't have all the answers, all I have is my story and experience.......and hope, I have plenty of hope, and I will share it with whomever needs it. I wish you all a sober day....keep up the fight, it is worth every second of struggle and effort. Bless you all.
Happy 10th, Curtis!! May you never celebrate 10 years again!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk