What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Celebrating 2 weeks today. Going to my first meeting Saturday. (y)
That is great brother. Congrats, feel free to contact me if you need anything. One question. Why are you waiting until Saturday? 90 meetings in 90 days is a great way to start. What else you got to do with all the free time you would have used to drink? Got to a meeting....and another, and another....as long as it takes for the miracle to happen. I promise you it will, if you put in the time and work. Guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Congrats on 25 years. Truly a miracle and proof that it works, if you work it. I wish I had thought ahead of time and sent you something special for the celebration of recovery. Are going to watch game 7? Wouldn't that be something?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Congrats on 25 years. Truly a miracle and proof that it works, if you work it. I wish I had thought ahead of time and sent you something special for the celebration of recovery. Are going to watch game 7? Wouldn't that be something?
Heck yeah I'm going to watch! I went to a meeting at 7 this morning so i wouldn't feel bed about missing tonight. And hey, there's always next year (for sending things, not for the Cubs)! (Also my birthday on the 17th lol i keed i keed.)

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Today is my sobriety anniversary! 25 years! OH SHIT! I had two weeks, once. It all starts at the beginning. You can do it Zippogeek! If i can, any idiot can!

Now, what should i smoke to celebrate?
Hey brother, that is awesome! Congrats and smoke something good.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Good afternoon brothers. Anyone feel like drinking or using today? Do me one favor, talk to at least one alcoholic or addict before you do.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My first three meetings have been a phenomenal experience. It's awesome knowing that I'm not alone in this problem. (y) Chose my sponsor today and as it turns out he lives right on my street. Looking forward to living sober one day at a time.
That is awesome brother! Keep it going. If you are like me you come to realize that while you never felt like you belonged anywhere else, you feel right at home at meetings.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My first three meetings have been a phenomenal experience. It's awesome knowing that I'm not alone in this problem. (y) Chose my sponsor today and as it turns out he lives right on my street. Looking forward to living sober one day at a time.
So proud of you bud. I couldn't be your sponsor due to our personal connections, but I will diffenetely help you at any moment. And can help you with the steps. I f'ed up big time on an amends today, so at the very least touch base when you do that. And it's a liberating process if handled correctly.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I posed a rhetorical question to my AA group this morning: considering how much better I'm already feeling, why on Earth did I wait decades (I'm 44) to admit I was an addict? :facepalm: After several hours of ruminating over the subject, the answer is obvious: my ego has been standing in the way! And I look forward to taking a hammer to it.