What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This thread needs a bump. Been way too long! (is it just me, or does sobriety take a lot of work?) Hope you guys are all doing great and your days are blessed...jason :cigar:
Zippo, thanks for bumping this thread. Does sobriety take a lot of work? I will just say that for me, when sobriety seemed difficult, worrysome, frustrating, etc., I was in the process of learning something and growing. Learning a new way of life is rarely simple and take willingness and action. To what degree my ego doesn't want to be willing or take the action necessary do I prolong the suffering of change and growing. Am I really willing to go to any length? If the answer is yes, then I have some action to take. I don't know if any of the above applies to your question, but I hope it helps. I look forward to meeting you are Eran's in Sept.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Zippo, thanks for bumping this thread. Does sobriety take a lot of work? I will just say that for me, when sobriety seemed difficult, worrysome, frustrating, etc., I was in the process of learning something and growing. Learning a new way of life is rarely simple and take willingness and action. To what degree my ego doesn't want to be willing or take the action necessary do I prolong the suffering of change and growing. Am I really willing to go to any length? If the answer is yes, then I have some action to take. I don't know if any of the above applies to your question, but I hope it helps. I look forward to meeting you are Eran's in Sept.
When I'm not willing, I have to pray for the willingness. The MO herf is gonna be great -- looking forward to hearing your experience, strength and hope Steve...(y) :cigar:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
When I'm not willing, I have to pray for the willingness. The MO herf is gonna be great -- looking forward to hearing your experience, strength and hope Steve...(y) :cigar:
I am just an old recovering drunk who is greatful I don't have to take a drink today. I am looking forward to meeting you too. It's going to be a fun time.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Howdy boys! Sorry for the absence. Still here and sober. Anyone feeling a little on edge going into the weekend? We have a big weekend coming up next week that might be a trigger for some. Best to get ahead of it before next weekend. Throw all your shit out onto our virtual table and leave it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Howdy boys! Sorry for the absence. Still here and sober. Anyone feeling a little on edge going into the weekend? We have a big weekend coming up next week that might be a trigger for some. Best to get ahead of it before next weekend. Throw all your shit out onto our virtual table and leave it there.
Good to hear from you brother! (y) Been going through quite a financial jam, but for some reason (my higher power perhaps?), I am finding peace and acceptance. "Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us."

My wife has been seriously pissed about my mismanagement of the budget for a few weeks now. And for a while, I was pissed at her for being pissed at me. Made it all about myself. "Doesn't she see that I've been working a program of action for a year and a half?! :rolleyes: I deserve better than this!" Self-pity (for me) is always this DELUSION that I deserve better than what I have at this moment. It's total ingratitude. Because if I REALLY got what I deserved in light of the 23 years of self-centered CRAP that I put this woman through, she would have shoved my fat a$$ into the woodchipper a long time ago.

"Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt." --B.B. pg. 62

That pretty much says it all.

Been working my 3rd Step Prayer and reaching out to others. It only works if I work it. Hope you guys are doing great and your day is blessed! :cigar:

-jason

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Good to hear from you brother! (y) Been going through quite a financial jam, but for some reason (my higher power perhaps?), I am finding peace and acceptance. "Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us."

My wife has been seriously pissed about my mismanagement of the budget for a few weeks now. And for a while, I was pissed at her for being pissed at me. Made it all about myself. "Doesn't she see that I've been working a program of action for a year and a half?! :rolleyes: I deserve better than this!" Self-pity (for me) is always this DELUSION that I deserve better than what I have at this moment. It's total ingratitude. Because if I REALLY got what I deserved in light of the 23 years of self-centered CRAP that I put this woman through, she would have shoved my fat a$$ into the woodchipper a long time ago.

"Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate. Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt." --B.B. pg. 62

That pretty much says it all.

Been working my 3rd Step Prayer and reaching out to others. It only works if I work it. Hope you guys are doing great and your day is blessed! :cigar:

-jason
Way to work through the problem brother. It is an ongoing process. I still have issues with feeling like I don’t get credit for all the “wonderful” things I do each day.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hope everyone is having a good sober day. Just checking in. At a meeting that has a kid's room, with my son and 15 other children. The kids don't bother me a bit, but I am getting increasing angry and self righteous at these moms who won't shut up. I don't get to enough meetings. This is important for me, and I can't hear a thing the speaker says because these broads treat this like a social hour. I know this feeling is unhealthy, and I need to check in. Ugh. Otherwise, life is grrrreat!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Anywhere ever need to talk shoot me a pm I've been sober 12 years and although I still struggle sometimes I know I can be of some help to fellow brothers. Hope everyone is doing well this week!

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If everyone would just act and behave as we think they should, all would be well. Lack of power, that is our dilemma.

This is a tough one to live, maybe being grateful this moms and kids are in the process of recovery would help?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If everyone would just act and behave as we think they should, all would be well. Lack of power, that is our dilemma.

This is a tough one to live, maybe being grateful this moms and kids are in the process of recovery would help?
As I was posting, I realized my need to pray for gratitude. Managed to leave with a smile on my face. All part of the process, brother!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I’m not entirely sure what I did last Saturday but today I’m giving up drinking.. period. It’s about time. I’m confident I can do it, just wanted to write it down somewhere so it sticks. Here’s to making things better.
Munt, if you have decided you have a problem and have made a decision to quit, I wish you great success. If it turns out you find you can't do it on sheer willpower and determination, there is a world of help and support out there. And like THeMISCHMAN stated above, it is much simpler if you just don't take a drink One Day at a Time.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
One day at a time......
Munt, if you have decided you have a problem and have made a decision to quit, I wish you great success. If it turns out you find you can't do it on sheer willpower and determination, there is a world of help and support out there. And like THeMISCHMAN stated above, it is much simpler if you just don't take a drink One Day at a Time.
Good advice, thank you gents.