What's new

Sobriety Thread

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I had my last drink on September 6, 1993. I am aways available. I found out quickly that I could not trust my own thoughts and needed to rely on others to keep my thinking straight. Reach out

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I had my last drink on November 6, 1993. I am aways available. I found out quickly that I could not trust my own thoughts and needed to rely on others to keep my thinking straight. Reach out
Thanks brother, I will add you to the list. Great to have you aboard.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
to clarify: This thread is NOT a place for debate. It is NOT a place for sport. It is NOT a place for idle cross-chatter. I deeply appreciate the humor of this board, and even some of our debates, but time and place, people. WE WILL NOT quibble and bitch in a thead commited to people's health and safety. clear?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
to clarify: This thread is NOT a place for debate. It is NOT a place for sport. It is NOT a place for idle cross-chatter. I deeply appreciate the humor of this board, and even some of our debates, but time and place, people. WE WILL NOT quibble and bitch in a thead commited to people's health and safety. clear?
Thank you Sean.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
the above was not to anyone, it was to everyone.

back on topic, ever have a day where stress management puts a strain on your impulse control? we all have. o)
reach out. we've all been there.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great idea for a thread. I havent been on BOTL for a long time, and just happened onto this thread when I googled "sobriety and cigars". I have been thinking about organizing some kind of sorbiety related cigar night. Maybe not as official as a meeting, but we will see. Seven months sober today.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Great idea for a thread. I havent been on BOTL for a long time, and just happened onto this thread when I googled "sobriety and cigars". I have been thinking about organizing some kind of sorbiety related cigar night. Maybe not as official as a meeting, but we will see. Seven months sober today.
whoop whoop! Now i challenge you to get 7 months and one day:)

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Well done!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Congratulations Brother!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow! What a great thread! Thank you all for posting. I recently discovered cigars and, although I am very active in my fellowship, cigars filled a need for me especially in social situations, that I was very thankful for. I am still new in recovery but would also like to be added to the list. Thanks again to everyone who posted, you all helped me feel just a little bit more normal :applause: My sobriety Date is Oct 19, 2013.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Congratulations Carl! That is a great idea.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Seven months is absolutely awesome dude. Don't give up on a cigar related meeting. There is one in Malibu that meets at the cigar store there every week. We used to meet every Sat at our local shop and it got up to seven guys.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This is a great thread idea. While I am a lifelong nondrinker, my parents were both recovering alcoholics; and about half the guys at my local B&M are sober and they get together there both formally and informally. Very cool that cigars and the camaraderie around them can lighten the load a bit. I raise a fine stick and a green tea to you, gentlemen.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Challenge accepted. One more day, one day at a time.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Challenge accepted. One more day, one day at a time.
Absolutely. Still doing the same thing myself :)