What's new

SoCal Herf date TBD

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
depending on the when/where I would love to make it to this. Maxamar/small batch is a good option if you guys don't mind some OC folk joining in :)

Their humidor is most certainly legendary, but seating could be an issue depending on how big a group you guys pull together. Could be worth asking Andrew from small batch what they can do for us if we wanted to hang there, I know they do events there from time to time.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If you're talking about me, I live in Seal Beach right by the 405/605 split. Calabasas is pretty far, but on a bike, traffic is a non-issue.

Date wise, the following weekend could also work.
I hope you go to Beachwood Brewing. There's one in Seal Beach and one in Long Beach. Best brewery in the L.A. area (and it's not even close).

I'm a cranky old man who hates music and bars and most of what other people consider to be fun. I guess I would vote for Havana House at the moment, but if you guys decide on something else, that's fine too. Looks like we've got a fairly spread-out group, so somebody may have to drive pretty far. Maybe the V-Cut is the most central?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hope you go to Beachwood Brewing. There's one in Seal Beach and one in Long Beach. Best brewery in the L.A. area (and it's not even close).

I'm a cranky old man who hates music and bars and most of what other people consider to be fun. I guess I would vote for Havana House at the moment, but if you guys decide on something else, that's fine too. Looks like we've got a fairly spread-out group, so somebody may have to drive pretty far. Maybe the V-Cut is the most central?
I usually go to Big Daddy's over on 2nd, since it's like 3 miles from my house.

That said, I'm down for whatever since I'm about the oldest 30 year old, and I need to get shoved out of my comfort zone.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I usually go to Big Daddy's over on 2nd, since it's like 3 miles from my house.

That said, I'm down for whatever since I'm about the oldest 30 year old, and I need to get shoved out of my comfort zone.
I don't know Big Daddy's, but Beachwood Brewing makes some of the best beer in the world. I'd put their IPAs up against Pliny, or Heady Topper, or any of the other stuff that people go crazy for. They also make some excellent porters and stouts, and are expanding their barrel-aged line with a new location this year. I'm not necessarily saying you should hang out there, but you should definitely get some beer there.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think I know where you're talking about. They have a restaurant over on Main in Seal Beach, I think? With any luck, I'll be able to tolerate A BEER in a few weeks. This no-carb diet has me on pretty much straight whiskey for the time being...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
LOL, my warden doesn't like to give me time off for good behavior, yours is COMWIFEDESGRU!, besides i just laid out the whole plan for her, i would fly in friday stay on your couch HERF on saturday and then fly out sunday and i got "oh yea ya think huh? go ahead have fun!" and as we all know that means abort mission and buy flowers LOL