What's new

SoCal Herf date TBD

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Only objection I have with V-Cut is the lack of parking. Other than that, It's a lounge like any other and depending on the numbers we end up with and being a Saturday... It may get crowded. Whatever date we end up with someone might check to see if they have an event on that date.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Weird -- I never got a notification of this thread! Do I need to do something in settings to get an email when someone @s me?

If it's at the V on a Saturday afternoon, especially now that football is over, I doubt it'll be overcrowded. I know Taz and the crew very well, so once we have a firm date and time and a reasonable idea of the number, I'll talk to him and see what we can cook up, maybe a reserved area or the like. There's an outdoor area in front too.

As to amenities, it's right on Melrose, so parking *can* be a bitch, but I almost always find a $1/hour meter (good for up to 2HR and then you just plug it with more $ til 8pm when it's free). There is a free lot in back with about 8 spots, but people always double-park -- when it's extra full, the owners of the businesses on either side know to come into the V and ask who the "black 4Runner" is or whatever, and we just play car tetris.

The V Cafe (same owners) has real good basic food, coffee, etc. and is open til 8. The VCut itself is open til 10. Since it is only 2 doors down from the Improv, if anyone wanted to try to hit a stand-up show afterward, I'd be down.

Improv Saturdays in February are:

2/7 Jen Kirkman, James Adomian, etc (8pm, $15, good show); Jamie Lee at 10pm ($15, no idea who she is)
2/21 Jay Mohr (8pm, $20); Nick Thune (10pm, $18) -- both good shows
2/28 Duncan Trussell (10pm, $18) -- funny

All shows have a 2-item minimum (food or drink).

The VCut does not have alcohol, but they conveniently look the other way when you bring it in. Good humi selection (think LA prices) focusing on Fuente, Tatuaje, Illusione, My Father, Padron, Caldwell, Cubanacan, LFD, LGC, LADC, etc etc etc.

Also, I'm in for whatever date.

-S.P.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can we get a vote from interested parties?

Proposed date: Feb 21 @ 4 PM

Current count: I'm in, @Clint and @erjaq are tentatives (?) anyone else able to make it?

Also, Clint and erjaq, I don't mean to put words in your mouths, please post up and confirm or deny.