What's new

Spring Home Projects

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is in my future. Iv got a couple hundred sqft of slate sitting in garage and the wife is giving me the look. Taking a week at the end of october to bust that and a few other projects out before it get to cold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I finished setting the tile this weekend and my legs are letting me know they are none too pleased. I'll post a photo update after I get it grouted. I have to pick up more of that today.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I wish i had the knowledge of doing flooring. We are looking at refinishing hardwoods we have now, converting the dining room to hard wood (were going to do the whole downstairs but the dogs would just slip and slide all the time), carpet upstairs, new roof, possibly new hvac (what we have is working fine but it was new in 2001) a water heater and possible kitchen counters. Looking at the refi route to pay for it all so I guess I'll never have this place paid for.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do concrete. It may cost a little more upfront but you won’t have to re-seal it every couple of years.

Our driveway is about 1/10th of a mile long and leads into an area that is around 2750 sq ft or there abouts and we did all concrete and are thankful we did.

I was pressure washing it after a semi came down our driveway and couldn’t figure out how to back out thus getting stuck in the yard. He totally missed the dead end and no outlet signs.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Do concrete. It may cost a little more upfront but you won’t have to re-seal it every couple of years.

Our driveway is about 1/10th of a mile long and leads into an area that is around 2750 sq ft or there abouts and we did all concrete and are thankful we did.

I was pressure washing it after a semi came down our driveway and couldn’t figure out how to back out thus getting stuck in the yard. He totally missed the dead end and no outlet signs.
Curved drives look cool, but as a guy that drives a box truck everyday, they are not cool.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Today’s “woodworking” was of the rough variety. We’re preparing to have our well pump replaced and one of the required chores was to remove some trees near the wellhead. Last weekend, I took out a small clump of alders and today, I felled a stinkin’ cottonwood...not that it’ll make a difference to the fluff storm we’re having.

It was about 65 feet tall and 12 inches at the base. It doesn’t look so big in a pile of pieces.

Last edited:

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Spring is still a ways off but still, I felt the need to get a project done. This sad looking thing is my old garage utility sink:

A cheap plastic number with somewhat flexible legs and no built in way to attach it to the wall. The water softener discharge line emptied directly into the sink, which explains the lovely rust color in the bottom.

This is the new stainless steel sink I installed today:

Easy clean (we’ll see!) gloss finish, soft-close doors , and a pull-out sprayer in the faucet with a garden hose fitting. I also plumbed a standpipe (black) into the drain with a homemade air gap (white) for the softener discharge.