What's new

Spring Home Projects

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So it's not spring but had an unexpected home project pop up. Storm came through a few nights ago and broke 1/2 a cherry tree off that landed in my neighbors yard.

At least it gave me a reason to get a new toy

Me and another hooked the tree up to my truck and dragged it up to my yard and got to cutting it up

Slowly making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Looks awesome! I really want to do something like this to my house but my front porch comes first. Support posts are rotting out.
Enjoy your spot!
Thanks brother. The original deck was in bad shape - nails sticking up, deck boards splintering etc. I decided to expand and redo the whole thing rather than just a deck board replacement. I happy with the progress. Now if I could just find some extra time to slap some stain on it! Are you going to do the work on your porch yourself?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thanks brother. The original deck was in bad shape - nails sticking up, deck boards splintering etc. I decided to expand and redo the whole thing rather than just a deck board replacement. I happy with the progress. Now if I could just find some extra time to slap some stain on it! Are you going to do the work on your porch yourself?
Yeah. A buddy of mine does carpentry on the side so he will come over and help just to make sure i don't screw things up. Lol

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Now if I could just find some extra time to slap some stain on it!
I'm in the process of staining the deck at our new house as we speak. Just have some final touches to add to it tonight. Funny thing, my wife picked out the tint and went with "Tobacco". I've never been so proud of her! :)

Last edited:

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Yeah. There was a good 2-3 inch drop in the corner of the roof because of that post. We should wrap up the main parts tomorrow. Then after it cures a few days we can paint.
A whole new front porch for under $300. It pays to have good friends.
Awesome. That would be $1-2k job if you contracted it out.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Everything was made from scratch. The spindles are actually conduit cut and painted. Basically about 20 cents each.
Ah. I originally was going to use copper but that added up quickly so I found some pre-fab at Home Depot with the mounting nubs included.

Looks great!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nice job eran! Heres my latest project!20160919_053205.jpgputting some doors in as I find em! Trying to finish my basement up on a budget!
So it's not spring but had an unexpected home project pop up. Storm came through a few nights ago and broke 1/2 a cherry tree off that landed in my neighbors yard.

At least it gave me a reason to get a new toy

Me and another hooked the tree up to my truck and dragged it up to my yard and got to cutting it up

Slowly making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice saw! I abuse the cap outta stihl s everyday and get paid for it! There Def the best!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Nice job eran! Heres my latest project!View attachment 86152putting some doors in as I find em! Trying to finish my basement up on a budget!

Nice saw! I abuse the cap outta stihl s everyday and get paid for it! There Def the best!
Do you have a Habitat for Humanity Re-store up there? Never know what they will have but its all donated stuff and the profits help out habitat. Good deals and down here anyway they have lots of doors.