What's new

Stanley Cup Final

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
No one I follow and I follow a lot of hockey writers, has suggested the body check by Thomas should have been a penalty.
Agreed, I think one of the Vs. announcers made the flippant comment right after the play (think this is where this is coming from), I see nothing wrong with it.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
cant really tell if Sedin did not have possession and control of the puck and was making every attempt to avoid the goalie. I would have called a roughing or interference penalty (if sedin didnt have possession) against thomas. the crease is there to protect the goalie however, this means that the goalie must respect the players moving outside the crease and allow them to play the puck. thomas knew he was going to be beat so he charged at sedin. Its a tricky call but i would have penalized the goalie. But i fef minor hockey and my take is very different then the NHL. I monor hockey goalie does that and i down the team one player for 2min

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Great game last night! Canucks continued with the cheapshots and dives, while the Bruins played a solid, physical game of hockey. I loved watching Timmy retaliate after Burrows slashed the stick out of his hands.

Great work by Boston last night.

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
good point, Craig.

Vancouver did something that was very smart. We all know Luongo was shaken for the remainder of the series, I am surprised that they pulled them though. Smart move on their part, but just surprising.

That was great for Thomas to get a shutout going into the 5th game, his confidence will be high, I just he stays closer to the crease like he has the last two games.

Can't wait for the next game.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Very exciting games!

Look out Friday night!

On the thomas hit on Sedin - Sedin's left skate is in the crease and he has the puck.
LEGAL HIT.

On thomas hit on Burrows! GO GET HIM BIG FELLA! DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND!
YEAH love it!

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
you couldn't pay me to watch the nba finals. but the stanley cup is must see tv!!!
I couldn't agree more. I just could never get into basketball, playing or watching. But I can remember when I learned to skate, before I have cognitive memory that is for sure and I still play to this day.

There is so much to the game besides the rules...enforcers, mental strategy, tempo, etc.

Unfortunately we are in the minority in the US, I don't know the stats, but I think it is safe to say more follow basketball than hockey.

-TG

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It all comes down to this..... game freakin' 7!!!!! Can't wait!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Been watching the NHL playoff's and have been pulling for the Bruins.

Look forward to game 7.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thats cuz the B's are 1 American (Thomas) 2 Europeans (Krecji & Chara) and the remainder are canadian!

Plus they play the game the right way. They dont dive, they dont turtle! If you get chippy with them, watch out! cuz you chip and they whomp ya!

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Working tonight so can't watch the game but I hope to be doing the victory dance in the parking lot after the Bruins WIN!