What's new

Star Wars the Old Republic MMO

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I plan to play it. Possibly not at release, we'll see. I'd need to get Windows 7 first, and if I can score a cheap military copy of that, I'll probably get the game (otherwise the price of the game goes up from $60 to $260, lol).

I'm a WoW guy, and I like MMORGs. I actually played the old Star Wars Galaxies when it first came out, then switched to WoW when that came out.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would love to play but I'm a console guy and picked a iPad over a new computer so will have to settle for elder scrolls skyrim.I know someone that played the beta and couldn't say enough good things about it.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am not sure I will be picking this up. I am in the beta and I enjoy it but it is so very similar to WoW which is just so polished at this point. I too played Galaxies but have been playing WoW since day 1 launch it would be tough for me to give it up plus I just did the 12 month commitment thing with WoW to get my free copy of Diablo III. I love the Star Wars universe and BioWare makes great games so at the end of the day I have a bad feeling I will be playing 2 MMO's at once LOL.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'm a huge fan of star wars but have never been able to get into MMO's. I tried WoW but man felt like a second job all the grinding just to be competitive. I can see why there is a market for buying leveled up charcters. So think I'll pass.

I have a bad feeling I will be playing 2 MMO's at once LOL.
well say goodbye to a social life.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Already pre-ordered and have a Sith side guild set up and all that. Be happy to have any of you guys join up. And yeah, the name is pretty stupid, but the leader vetoed me. What ya gonna do?

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/14064/its-trap
I still can't get past playing a video game as the bad guy. Guess to lawyers the Sith may still be on the good side :)

Posted via Mobile Device

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Unfortunately Harg I am playing the republic side of the conflict I've narrowed it down to trooper or smuggler.
If anyone has any suggestions on where to build a new computer I'm all ears. I'm not a huge gamer by trade but have clocked in several hours on my various pokemon games. So I hope this game really sticks.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I still can't get past playing a video game as the bad guy. Guess to lawyers the Sith may still be on the good side :)
Nice... :grinFU:

Leader's LAPD (and an old friend of mine), so draw your own conclusions from that.

From what I understand, the main storyline is largely based around choices you make that gain you "light side" or "dark side" points. Apparently you can be just as evil as a Jedi as you can playing dark side. Only big differences I've seen are that dark side gets better looking armor and ships.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I'm sure a number of our group members will roll light side toons, as well, and the folks that stick with it will probably play both sides eventually. At any rate, if there's a lot of interest, we might as well all try to roll toons on the same server such that we can run some of the other content together.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Nice... :grinFU:

Leader's LAPD (and an old friend of mine), so draw your own conclusions from that.

From what I understand, the main storyline is largely based around choices you make that gain you "light side" or "dark side" points. Apparently you can be just as evil as a Jedi as you can playing dark side. Only big differences I've seen are that dark side gets better looking armor and ships.
Hope the world never gets so PC that we need to stop the lawyer jokes. :) I am not a big fan of online games but have signed up already as I am a big fan of BioWare games. First they are headquartered and founded here and secondly both owners are cigar smokers. Ray used to come into the shop and buy cigars for their christmas party when you could smoke inside.

Posted via Mobile Device

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Hope the world never gets so PC that we need to stop the lawyer jokes. :) I am not a big fan of online games but have signed up already as I am a big fan of BioWare games. First they are headquartered and founded here and secondly both owners are cigar smokers. Ray used to come into the shop and buy cigars for their christmas party when you could smoke inside.

Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't know that! That's cool, maybe there will be cigars in-game :) That would be sweat, and get some nice publicity too, lol. I can see the headlines now "Evil game has players who can smoke cigars" as if it's fine to slaughter people but not burn a stogie, lol.

Since it seems like a lot of us will be playing, maybe we should have a BOTL guild! We can at least roll alts for something like that. I'm thinking that sounds like a Light Side guild, but let me know what you guys think!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0

Posted via Mobile Device
Well I was gonna play this but now that I know its owned by a Canadian company I may have to reconsider... :boxing: