What's new

Star Wars the Old Republic MMO

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Enjoyed my time on beta though there are quite a few bugs and glitches to hammer out before launch. Not sure which class to work on first since they were all so fun...
They give you 8 characters slots ... and there are 8 classes. I'm guessing that's not accidental. I know I plan to play through all of them at some point (at least partially) just for the story aspect.

I can't decide what to start out with either. I've got a pre-launch guild with my cousin and a bunch of his army buddies in the desert, Empire side but "good" (i.e. mercenaries not serial killers, lol). I'm leaning towards a Sith Inquisitor.

I've got a copy of Windows 7 in the mail now, hopefully I'll get the Boot Camp install ready to go by the time the pre-launch opens. I'm pumped!

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They give you 8 characters slots ... and there are 8 classes. I'm guessing that's not accidental. I know I plan to play through all of them at some point (at least partially) just for the story aspect.

I can't decide what to start out with either. I've got a pre-launch guild with my cousin and a bunch of his army buddies in the desert, Empire side but "good" (i.e. mercenaries not serial killers, lol). I'm leaning towards a Sith Inquisitor.

I've got a copy of Windows 7 in the mail now, hopefully I'll get the Boot Camp install ready to go by the time the pre-launch opens. I'm pumped!
Very nice! My brother is doing the boot camp thing as well. As far as the slots go, 8 is nice but if you include the advance classes, they're 8 shy haha. Guess I'll have to start the other 8 on a different server.

What server are y'all thinking about? Maybe we'll all see each other at launch.

I can't wait to have a cigar, beer, and enjoy the storyline.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'll most likely be picking this up as well.

I was an EQ, EQ2 and WOW guy for a long time. Still activate my WOW every now and then to keep my characters leveled up. WOW is polished but there is nothing to do but grind and expansions are never big enough. So most likely will get SW and try it out.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I played the weekend Beta. I was expecting to be completely sucked in by this game since so much of my early childhood was wrapped up in the Star Wars craze. Surprisingly, while there was some cool things about it, it just didn't grab me the same way WOW has. I don't think I'll be playing this one. While it seems like a very good game, I just didn't enjoy it enough to want to switch over and I don't have enough time and money to be playing 2 MMO's.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I've done two weekend tests, rolled sith assassin and an agent sniper. Thought it was enjoyable, but definitely a lot of the same as other titles. I did find the storylines to be pretty compelling (and a few were pretty humorous, as well), and enjoyed the decision-making aspect.

I'll play it, but I'm not sure I would if I didn't already know that I had a good group of folks joining with me.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I am having a helluva time getting a new pc. Mine is toast and I've set my budget at 1500$ but I haven't really found the deal of a lifetime yet. I went to compusa and picked each individual piece. But they want 180$ install.
Have you considered building one? I built a pretty nice gaming rig about three weeks ago for just under $1,700. BUT - I did already own a nice monitor, speakers and Windows 7. The build:

Hard drive: Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case
Cooler (CPU): Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
CPU: Intel i7-2600K Unlocked Processor
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB
Keyboard: Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard - USB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155
Mouse: Logitech G500
Optical drive: Asus 24X DVD Burner
Power Supply: Ultra Products U12-40841 X4 Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - 1000W, ATX, 80 Plus Gold
Sound card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium PCIe

I have over clocked the processor to ~4.3 GHz and the RAM to ~1640 MHz and am testing it with Crysis 2. So far it runs perfectly.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I picked up a new gaming rig in May from IBuyPower. Dropped about a grand on it (plus shipping, and at the time, it was cheaper than what I could get the parts for. It runs BF3 and Skyrim on the highest possible setting with no discernible lag issues, so that's good enough for me.

Their customer service sucks, though, and shipping took much, much longer than they quoted me. Probably even slower right now, coming into the holidays. But it's something to consider if you don't wanna piecemeal it.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have considered building it but I'm a total newb when it comes to hardware. I'd gladly buy the pieces if I could watch someone assemble and learn.

I don't wanna drop 1600$ on parts to mess it up when I build it...
What about a laptop? I just bought one and swtor works beautifully. Plus you can play it anywhere :devil:

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Went live for pre-orders folks last night. I ended up on the "Jekk'Jekk Taar" server (or something like that) for anyone that would care to join me (playing Sith to start).

Again, the group I came over with are really good folks - but they definitely take their end-game stuff seriously, as well, if you're into that.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be playing a toon named "Pil" to start with, so if you get a chance, look me up!

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Went live for pre-orders folks last night. I ended up on the "Jekk'Jekk Taar" server (or something like that) for anyone that would care to join me (playing Sith to start).

Again, the group I came over with are really good folks - but they definitely take their end-game stuff seriously, as well, if you're into that.

Anyway, I'm probably going to be playing a toon named "Pil" to start with, so if you get a chance, look me up!
Oh man, almost got on that server but my name was taken so I ended up on Keller's Void.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Shit wish i would have posted sooner. I am already in A guild with a bunch of cigar smokers but we are republic to many kids playing Sith. I am treticalcuti fyi in the game and I am going to get going now that I am off the road.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm so annoyed! I am sitting here with an early access invitation since Friday, and I'm NOT playing thanks to our United States Postal Service!

I've been waiting 19-days now for a Priority Mail box containing my new computer ... 19-days! Insane.

The problem is that I don't have Windows, so I need to install a new copy, but it's single-license so I can only install it on one computer. Hence needing to wait for the new one.

Grrrr. Well, a few hours after I DO finally get my computer, I'll be up on "Rubat Crystal" server. I might try to start another character on a different server at some point if us BOTLs want to get together (which would be sweet ... can you smoke stogies in game? That would rock).