What's new

Started Humidor Project

Kenny

Learning The Ropes
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL, yeah the camera dates are screwed due to changing the batteries so much. These pictures were taken this afternoon. Im looking into a thermoelectric cooling system to maintain a 68-72 degree temp year round and a CMT digital set it and forget it humidification unit with a couple of PC cooling fans to move the air around.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kenny,
Looks like a fun project. If you are contemplating using a peltier cooling unit, you will definiteatly need insulation. It requires 6-8 times the cooling capacity to get the same result for a non insulated cabinet. For reasonable cooling capacity or delta T, ie 15-20 degrees, that size cabinet with a glass front will probably require 200-240 watts of cooling power.

If you plan to use the lower compartment, You might want to consider using a router to open up some air flow between the two compartments.

Have fun with it.

Cheers,
Bob Staebell

Kenny

Learning The Ropes
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice to see you here Bob :thumbsup:

Yes it is. Bob and I spoke on the phone the other day and he shined some light on a few things that will make my project not only look better but last a life time. No updates today. I took a leg off one of our end tables and took it to this lady in hopes she can duplicate the stain for the Humidor. Taking my time and having fun doing it. My boys are on Spring Break vacation so I get to teach them how to stain woods.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I used to have a gun cabinet that looked identical to that. The top was for the long gun storage and bottom was for ammo. I'll see if I can find a pic.