What's new

Steak Marinade Help

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Nothing wrong with marinade for a nice cut of beef IMO...

You wont see me slathering a NY Strip with A1 or Heinz 57...

But soaking it overnight in a really nice marinade... I dont have a problem with that at all...

Nor does Bobby Flay (third best steak Ive ever eaten was at his Mesa Grill in NYC.. was a big ribeye in a southwestern marinade of some sort.. , Emeril Lagasse (second best steak I have ever eaten was at his resturant Delmonico in NOLA.. a huge porterhouse done up with a soy/worsterchester base type marinade), or several other world class chefs working at internationally acclaimed steakhouses like Mortons (they do a kick ass cayanne/worsterchester marinade), Smith and Wollensky (they even go so far as to put a bottle of their own proprietary steak sauce on the table.. in addition to marinading steaks), Peter Luger's (amazing garlic/lime marinade), Baker Peters (best steak Ive ever eaten... NY Strip with an incredible garlic/butter base marinade with some sort of pepper added to it.. ancho maybe????),.... etc..etc..

If you dont think marinade goes with beef... you havent learned how to marinade yet... :grin:

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I personally have marinaded many steaks... Always seem to come out ok. What I CAN'T stand is BBQ sauce on a good steak!