What's new

Steve Saka Leaves Drew Estate

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Come on down to redneck hell, we can go do some striper fishing:) Enjoy 'YOUR' time brother. peace!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wow! Well congrats on the retirement to Saka and hope to run into you one day!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
never really did care for Drew Estates cigars - primarily because I'm old school and I don't like flavored infused cigars. I missed Steve's blog, writing on ASC 20+ years ago and most recently here. Hopefully he'll have time to post on BOTL more of that rather just fish full-time.

Steve - welcome back to being a "cigar citizen" like the rest of us.
Then you can thank Mr. Saka for helping bring DE to the forefront of the premium cigar market. He was pretty much responsible for the No. 9, T-52, and other Unico series that we all love so much.

Congrats on your "retirement", Steve...however long it lasts :)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Retiring or waiting out that 2 year non-compete and doing his own thing?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. I hope that's the case in all honesty.
i really do not think he is DONE done, but the man is a class act, leaving a class act. don't expect him to divulge anything within those two years. let him breathe. he's earned it. but to be fair i am going to be watching ad waiting as well!

and, steve, i salute your choice to put your family needs to the fore, and wish you heaps of luck and well earned R&R. as for free cigars, all we have to do is get your addy... o)

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You may not get "free cigars", but sir - you will be bombed.

Um... sheesh, I am not dead. <snicker>

I have actually intentionally been -not- posting or face booking or twittering or visting stores while we were doing this transition, but now that I am back to being just a regular joe cigar smoker I expect I will start attending herfs, hanging in stores and rambling online.

I just can't get anyone free cigars anymore, hmm... maybe I am dead?!?!

BR,

STS
'just a cigar citizen'

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats Steve! Family first, passions second! After a couple months of "pestering" the wife everyday, she'll be begging you to go back to work ;)

Like others have said, we'll be looking forward to seeing pics and updates of the "fishing" I am truly envious of you, to be able to spend my time on a boat fishing the time away with a couple good smokes...

Don't be a stranger, and ENJOY!!!

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Congratulations Steve. So refreshing to see a man make sacrifices for his family. Please stay active with us brothers and sisters here on BOTL.
We all enjoyed having you at DE...I'm just sad that I didn't discover the enjoyment of Liga Privadas before 7 months ago.

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
we can go do some stripper fishing:)
Do you need a license to fish for stripers and what kind of bait do you use?
Yes! And depending on lake how big they gotta be. Murray my favorite local striper lake hell they 5/6 lbs and 20" gotta throw them back. I like using live herring and toss them out and wait. I've had 5 rods out of 8 doubled eyed down at once nobody helping lol all 15/27 lbs my 35 min fishing trip was done lol had to take them to shore and go back out. I've had over 10 floating around the boat 5/8 lbs each dead when a lake warden came up on me to check stuff out. Asked him if I could net them and take them home since I caught them and he said if you don't mind going to jail and me taking your boat. Guess who won that! Lol

Last edited:

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
So I'm going back and change the spelling of stripper too striper and it dawns on me I can be a friggin brick at times lol

Sorry Steve strippers or stripers take your pick or I'm sure we can do both;)

brandoncpm

BoM Nov '13
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
So I'm going back and change the spelling of stripper too striper and it dawns on me I can be a friggin brick at times lol
I've had much worse misspellings than that. Stripers tend to be better than most strippers in this area. Pretty excited they just stocked up lake Norman with these

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Yeah glad all The lakes are finally up to par but I wanna hit some golf balls and the rain has been relentless can't even ride mc's that much this year.