What's new

Stogie Geeks

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Now that I'm at solid internet, I can finally catch up on the episode. I'm extremely glad you guys enjoyed the extra smokes I sent with the unbandeds. Brings a big smile to my face. Thanks guys!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Had to delete them from the podcast rotation. There was just too much misinformation on the show.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also curious as to what you felt was misinformation on their show? I have heard lots of opinion that people can either agree or disagree with but I cannot say that any of their informational pieces have been in disagreement with what I have generally heard elsewhere.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I certainly can't remember specifics now. Several cigars that they have given information hasn't matched what the manufacturers have told us. If I'm able to catch things wrong-how can I trust the cigars they talk about that I don't know details on?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I guess I'm not seeing the problem. Most of the specific information they discuss about certain cigars is being read off of a website, so if the site is wrong - then they're wrong.
The podcast is primarily about reviewing cigars. If they get the binder wrong, oh well... I'm still getting their impressions of the cigar.

That said, I think there's enough cigar publications, podcasts, etc at this point that everybody should be able to find at least one they like.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Had to delete them from the podcast rotation. There was just too much misinformation on the show.
Ummm, we are just a bunch of doods talking about what we have been smoking. That said, I don't want to Mis-Represent things. So which of the last three ep's did we muck up? Cause when u wanted that dress box of mummy's earlier this month, u had nothing but praise for the podcast in a PM to me?!?

Sorry I'm confused

That said, I have never said we were aficionados, we are just cigar smokers, nothing more nothing less

Thanks to the botls here for the support

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Ummm, we are just a bunch of doods talking about what we have been smoking. That said, I don't want to Mis-Represent things. So which of the last three ep's did we muck up? Cause when u wanted that dress box of mummy's earlier this month, u had nothing but praise for the podcast in a PM to me?!?

Sorry I'm confused

That said, I have never said we were aficionados, we are just cigar smokers, nothing more nothing less

Thanks to the botls here for the support
Haha, ahh yes, the PM about the Monsters. For what it's worth, I was listening to 3 hours of your show a day, trying to catch up at that time, and I wasn't fully current on any of my podcasts. A few months without your headphones will really slow you down. BTW-loved how Joyals said they would get me a dress box, then sent a non-dress instead. That was real cute. I have received a few other PM's about them doing that to others as well. I guess it made sense, when you also PM'ed me about how you were going to get a dress box, but just for tradebait-very much the spirit of BOTL.

I was trying not to be a total asshole, and point out that several of your podcasts emphasized buying up LE cigars to be able to resell them on the forums, or use them to trade for what else you want. I know there are longstanding feelings on that subject here on this board, and I feel that your podcast is exactly the opposite of how we would handle things like that. You'll notice many of the trading rules on this site prevent people from abusing trades/sales, and it's because of people like you, and the regulars on your show, that these rules had to be put in place. I could handle a bit of misinformation. Shit happens, nobody always gets it right. I could overlook non-BOTL spirit if you were a show used as a quality reference. I could overlook information if you were just a couple of good guys having fun. When it gets to the point you don't do well at either, I will find someone else to fill my earholes with. Didn't intend to stir up shit like this, but if you want to throw PRIVATE messages into the public, then I'm game for anything.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dood

First let me start by stating I am not sure what happened with Mr. J's < I spoke to them for you and they told me all the dress boxes were gone. So I am not sure what happened, but let me say this. They are a stand up B&M that will take care of any unhappy customer. Many a time I had a cigar that wouldn't draw, etc... And they happily replaced it for me.

So if you we're promised a dress and got a regular box then I am sure they would be happy to make things right.

I mentioned I was getting a dress because honestly, as cool as it is, I was going to trade the box, thought u might be interested (which I did here for a single stick to the first person that responded)

Matter a fact that was my first trade here , the others have all been buys or bombs

Not sure what your referring to as of buying up limited's , I never stated that and I certainly don't have the cash for that lol

So... bro, if it's in accuracy in our info (I tend to be a perfectionist) I want to fix that but I do emphasize we are just a bunch of dudes hanging out.

But now it sounds like your saying you think we are as...les , which is cool. But let's not trash a good shop like Mr J's

K?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
So when is the sponsorship from opus coming in? Just kidding, honestly i love the show even though most of what you review or talk about is out of my reach or price. keep it up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the show, always has lots of great info and is very entertaining. These guys crack me up sometimes and make the work commute enjoyable. I like how the show stays on point better than others I've heard.

I try to limit most of my regular rotation to the $3-4 dollar range on auction so for me more discussion of less expensive smokes would be awesome. I'll continue to listen cheaper smokes or not and try to resist the temptation to up my game.