What's new

Stopped in a cigar lounge today and..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@omahaorange - of course we don't know what Really happened. That's true of anything typed on the internet, told us in person, and even our own personal perceptions of events. If that were the test, we might as well shut down the web and most face-to-face conversations.
Discussions like this get a response, especially a strong one, because many people relate to similar situations they've experienced as related by the writer or teller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hey, I'm always up for a heated and passionate discussion. If we all agreed on everything, we'd all be liberals. Some of these posts just make me scratch my head.
On the other hand, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods can you take me to that uggo swamp. Cigars and drinks would be on me afterward (okay, maybe the drinks before). :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump - Ha! Made you looky loo's come a runnin'
If we all agreed on everything, we'd all be liberals.
Woah woah woah, What's so wrong about being a liberal?! It's not like I'm a $4 shit stick buying, free seat taking, perk using degenerate low-life. That was a seriously low blow on an otherwise very civil and mild tempered thread. Uncool man uncool.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Bump - Ha! Made you looky loo's come a runnin'

Woah woah woah, What's so wrong about being a liberal?! It's not like I'm a $4 shit stick buying, free seat taking, perk using degenerate low-life. That was a seriously low blow on an otherwise very civil and mild tempered thread. Uncool man uncool.
I think that, had that comment not been made, this thread would've gone like this:

"I went to a shop and it turns out I couldn't use the lounge and I don't like them."

"Yeah, well, to each their own, I guess. It's his business, he can do what he wants."

"Yeah, but my feelings were a little hurt."

"Live and learn. If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll take you to a really cool lounge."

"Sounds great! I love BOTL. Hugs and rainbows!"

"@memphsdad likes uggo swamp creatures."

"Lol 9405 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX"

THE END.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that, had that comment not been made, this thread would've gone like this:

"I went to a shop and it turns out I couldn't use the lounge and I don't like them."

"Yeah, well, to each their own, I guess. It's his business, he can do what he wants."

"Live and learn. If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll take you to a really cool lounge."

THE END.
I completely agree but nooooo someone had to drop the L word. Not naming names, cough @omahaorange cough. I hope that we can all move past this and understand that everyone is different and there's no call for that kind of talk, light a Her Majesties Reserve, and enjoy a lounge like a normal B&M customer should.

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0

THE END.
Worst post of the year.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So, this pathetic discussion started with someone complaining they couldn't smoke in a lounge after buying a cigar?
Get over it.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@omahaorange You're killing me here Smalls. Reading your original post, you come across heavy handed IMO. And in my opinion dropping knowledge in that matter on a guy like is ridiculous when you have logged next to zero time here. Chiming in on a matter is one thing, writing a sequel to War and Peace at the guy is another. Like the sheer volume of words you throw out somehow lends credence to the things you say. As your past couple posts have proven, lots of words don't make for convincing arguments.

Nobody said anything about "free seats",
Well actually, yes, you did. Right here:
The fact that you don't want your car to smell like smoke is great, but doesn't entitle you to free seats at the lounge. .
I'd also like to add that it shouldn't matter if he bought 1 or 10 we clearly have a difference of opinion on that matter and I'll simply let that be. And yes I know most businesses are private enterprises. But theres a difference between a lounge that's open to everyone and lounge that only allows members to use; similar to how there public and private golf courses. Most private lounges have a wall that separates the private club area from the retail space. I obviously wouldn't expect to go into a private club without being a member and have free range to light up, even if I purchased my sticks there, just like I wouldnt go to a country club and expect to play a round of golf. As for the restaurant analogy, you're now making assumptions. You'd be assuming that anyone who comes to a lounge and buys one cigar wants to hang out all day and suck up space. Just like most restaurant customers dont drink a cup of coffee for six hours, neither do cigar smokers.

I realize that we on the forums are a small percentage. I also know most cigar smokers I see at most lounges only stop in occasionally, or during a night out with friends or are being introduced to the hobby by someone who knows at least a little about it. If cigar smokers constantly flocked to their B&M in such large droves their wouldn't be radio ads like the ones played in the Detroit area or other cities I've visited encouraging current and potential new smokers to come and check their lounge out. So yes once again, this is a big difference in how we see things. When I'm at any of my locals (or going to B&Ms when I'm visiting other cities) most folks I see in the humidor grab somewhere between 1-3 sticks. I've seen very few people make box purchases outside of events in the majority of the time I've logged in a shop. Since you mentioned you mostly only go during events, you clearly see something different. But events aren't for the average Joe in most cases. Events are for folks really interested in the hobby who want to be part of trying a new brand or different drinks or foods being offered as pairing choices. That's not the average smoker, or the average buyer. And even at the larger shops I've been to most lounges only have 1 event a month.

As for the "bragging" I was simply responding to your statement that spending money has perks. My point was that being an active member of this community comes with big perks too. As far as "thumping my chest" is concerned...do you see endless posts from me anywhere talking about the cigars I have, or endless photo streams filled with braggadocio about the cool shit I'm smoking? The answer is no, because that's not my thing. I will however boast about the great relationships I've formed here with some solid folks that I'm pleased to be able to call friends. As far as jealously, which you've mentioned more then once, I will reiterate this: what the fuck is there to be jealous of? I don't know anything about you, so why in the hell would I be jealous? "All about ME".....child please. You told stories about a bunch of your personal experiences and when you do that its totally relevant, but yet when I do it all of the sudden I have an exaggerated sense of self worth. Give me a fucking break.

Status
Not open for further replies.