What's new

Stopped in a cigar lounge today and..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
A $20 dollar cigar probably doesn't make a difference when calculating the cost of an occupied seat, as I would imagine the margins are similar on this and budget sticks...

Lounges generally don't carry anything I would care to smoke, so if hitting up a "local" spot I'll buy a cheap stick to support the shop and give it away down the road, while I smoke something I pack along and catch up on the gossip.

Or... go to the private club that sells smokes as a favor to it's members and enjoy my sticks with no obligation to buy anything, if I don't feel like seeing any of the proletarians.

It's a shops responsibilty to know its market segment. If the customer base is purchasing budget sticks, it's poor management to carry a costly inventory of high dollar sticks.

Baller is ok, budget is ok, in between is ok. Baller on a budget is doomed to fail.
How did this thread continue after this post from @DRed409? All this complaining and nashing of teeth is pointless. Business Owners are making decisions concerning their business(es). Don't like the service/price/product/experience offered by a business? Don't do business there. Get over it, move along. @Master Shake - stop feeding the trolls.

Can we lock this terrible thread already?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@omahaorange, you seem to be one of the few here who actually understands. It's a bit surprising (and even a little embarrassing) how many people on this forum struggle to comprehend the basic business concepts of a typical B&M. Rather, they make it about some misguided notion of class warfare and completely miss the point. Thank you for contributing some meaningful commentary to this thread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, a business person can run their enterprise any way they want. And we can spend money with them or not. - - The point of the thread is to air opinions of how cigar smokers view this IMO. Perhaps an ideal solution would be a B&M open to the public with a place for them to smoke. A second location could be for dues paying members of a private club. Any extras would be covered by those willing to pay those fees.
This is similar to certain shooting ranges where members must pay extra fees (and go through additional training) to use certain facilities. Those facilities aren't open to the general public.

It's all in how its presented, how its marketed. Some people obviously have lousy marketing & human relations skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.