What's new

stronger/fuller the better! recommendations?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys!
I've had the JdN Dark Corojo many times. Another great smoke. Same with LP #9 and T52.
OK I think I'm going to go get myself a RomaCraft sampler!
One more question... anyone tried the Ortega Serie D black? Would that fit my tastes? Also the CH La Imperiosa?

Oh and Surrogates Skull Breaker?

Last edited:

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks guys!
I've had the JdN Dark Corojo many times. Another great smoke. Same with LP #9 and T52.
OK I think I'm going to go get myself a RomaCraft sampler!
One more question... anyone tried the Ortega Serie D black? Would that fit my tastes? Also the CH La Imperiosa?

Oh and Surrogates Skull Breaker?
Tried the Ortega Black, binder and wrapper are stupid fragile I actually busted a few up just moving them. Not a bad profile at all but not fully in line with what you seem to be after. La Imperiosa is something you'll probably like but it doesn't quite pack the punch or the spice of a Fausto or JDN. Pretty close though.
As for the Surrogates I'd say Tramp Stamp > Skull Breaker but it's been a while since I've had a SB.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
I have similar tastes, and here are some of what's in my regular rotation:
5 Vegas AAA
Oliva V
Cain F
Fallen Angel
Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva
Man O War Ruination (maybe the best value going)
My Father My Father (love the Bijous as well but the originals are stronger)
Liga Privada T52 (LP 9s are a bit too mild for my taste)
Oliva Studio Tabac The Reckoning
Tatuaje Cojonu
Padron 1964 (well, not a regular smoke at those prices)

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you retro these spice bombs? If so, can you still taste food? Anyways, aging room m356 is insane with pepper/spice.
I do about every puff or so and I still have a pretty good palate. Good enough to judge beer at least.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Since you said that you like the 601 green, I think you may also enjoy the 601 La Bomba, and 601 Steel lines. Both harder hitting and spicier then the green.
I wonder if he ever got to try the old 601 Green. Those babies were strong leather and pepper bombs all the way. I miss the old blend.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you retro these spice bombs? If so, can you still taste food? Anyways, aging room m356 is insane with pepper/spice.
I retro every 4 or 5 draws (so that my eyes almost water ;)
I kinda liken it to adding some hot sauce to whatever I'm eating, just some here and there; I don't drench my meal with it.
I can't really see how it would affect my food tasting ability (unless I guess you're eating while smoking)?
After the cigar is done, the burn is gone completely.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just to clarify are we talking "strong" as in, high in nicotine content? Or "strong" as in a flavour bomb?
Honestly, I think people use the term interchangeably.
Mostly, in my experience, "Body" as in "Full-Body" means flavor and "Strength" is nicotine content.
"Pepper" is I guess more in the "Body" area but, to me, it's a separate thing all together. Just like you can have spicy food with no flavor, I think you can have a pepper bomb with not a lot of flavor. For example, the Tat Cojonu I had last night had a lot of pepper, but the P1964s I've had have more flavor.