What's new

Sunday Gun Action

turtle

Kimbers Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
caudio51 said:
I'd like to learn more as well...
That is good. My advice is to seek out quality instruction to start with. Find a qualified instructor near you, and learn the correct way to start. You will be better and safer.:thumbsup:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea... i feel I kinda need to learn after my week.... But i will be going to class, actually through the same training as the cops I believe....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea I will be taking advantage of that... I have been meaning to anyway and now it is for sure......

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
tobby4 said:
Yea... i feel I kinda need to learn after my week.... But i will be going to class, actually through the same training as the cops I believe....
Not to ignite a firey debate but I think you would be dead or seriously injured right now if you had been carrying and tried to pull your gun out...and if you would have opened fire when they ran off you would be in trouble with the law. Just my $.02

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
For once Todd and I agree on a gun issue! LMAO.

Clay, I'm all for CCW. Definately go get one and get trained, as much as you can handle. But Todd's right, carrying would not have helped you in the situation you described as you described it. Better situational awareness might have helped to make a concealed weapon useful in that situation, but the way it happened, you would have done yourself more harm than good going for a gun. Anyone training you will tell you the same thing. If you find yourself in the situation you were in, give them everything they ask for. If at some point it looks like they are going to shoot anyway, then go for it, you have nothing to lose, but it's a huge last resort (in that situation). And like Todd said, shooting at someone running away is a HUGE no-no.

Again, I am definately a proponent of CCW. It's just one of those things. A concealed wepaon doesn't always change what can happen in a situation. Also, as far as training goes, see if you can find a local IDP (International Defensive Pistol) group. It's fun and it can be excellent practice in drawing and firing from concealment and such. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I agree that there are situations where having a concealed weapon may not be of help but I will say that carrying has greatly improved my situational awareness.
Money or a car aren't worth risking your life or taking someone elses.