What's new

Sunday Gun Action

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Actually Cliff, you would be surprised at how much "country" there is in Jersey...I know I was.
Yea this southern guy just pictures massive buildings with miles of concrete

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
LOL, it's not that bad. But Tom's right, ever where you look new houses. I hardly recognise my old home town now a days.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jwrussell said:
LOL, it's not that bad. But Tom's right, ever where you look new houses. I hardly recognise my old home town now a days.
That's right, you lived in NJ right?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Grew up right across the river from Philly near Cherry Hill. Parts of Jersey are beautiful. Not that I'd ever move back. :)

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My dumbass looked at the thread title, even though I've opened this thread several times now, and thought, gun auction, sweet, I'll see what he's selling..

drew

turtle

Kimbers Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to be jerk but where is the eye protection?

The reason I ask is because I saw the action cover on an ak come off and smack my buddy in the forehead. Which I think is why most terrorists wear a towell on their head.:riflefire

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
turtle said:

The reason I ask is because I saw the action cover on an ak come off and smack my buddy in the forehead. Which I think is why most terrorists where a towell on their head.:riflefire
I have 2 glass eyes.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
You bring up a good point turtle. I usually do wear eye protection but for some reason the last two times David and I have shot I haven't.
You may notice an apparent lack of hearing protection in a couple of the photo's as well. Instead of my muffs I was trying out some plugs with an impact valve. They worked well. You can hear normal conversation when there's no shooting going on but as soon as a shot is fired the valve senses it and closes. Pretty cool.

turtle

Kimbers Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did see muffs on one fella but not on the others. I figured the rest of you were wearing plugs. Shooting an ak with no ear protection would pretty much make you deaf pretty quickly. Especially bump firing. I have a pair of Leightning 31 muffs that I like really well. I think that ear plugs are generally uncomfortable.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
turtle said:
Hey DWavs I really am not trying to be a jerk.
[-]Dear jerk[/-]
Dear turtle,

You are correct that eye protection should be worn at all times. They were in my range bag but I neglected to pull the glasses out. Excellent reminder that safety comes first! :thumbsup:

David

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
turtle said:

The reason I ask is because I saw the action cover on an ak come off and smack my buddy in the forehead. Which I think is why most terrorists wear a towell on their head.:riflefire
:rofl:

Very good point about eye protection. Seeing is very important in my book.