What's new

** Surgery Update **

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just saw this Larry. I'm glad it looks like the surgery went well. Prayers and good thoughts sent for a speedy recovery my friend!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Called the hospital today to check on Larry and they had already discharged him! (Damn insurance companies:angerFU:) I don't have his home phone:dunno: so we'll just have to wait :sleep:till he reports back in!:disappoin:
I hope all is well brother and your recovery is speedy!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Anyone heard from Larry yet??
I haven't Jon, but I will text him later this morning! I saw the thread, but
didn't click on the link. I didn't even know Larry was having surgery! I feel
bad, i've said a prayer, and I know he's gonna pull through Just fine....

It's funny though. I've been saying to myself the past few days...
"Where is Larry?".... Now I know the answer to my question....

Get Well Brotha, and Goodspeed on your recovery!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just a pleasure to have you back Larry!:stretchgr
Hope your doing well my friend!

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
First and foremost I would like to thank each and every one of you for your "get well soon", "hope you are feeling better", and all the other "good thoughts" and "prayers sent!"

You all are the greatest group of guys and gals any one person could ever want to call "family!"

Joe (jjon90), thanks for the phone call while I was in the hospital, I don't remember much of it but to me it was the "thought that counts!"

Ok, about the surgery, it's been a week now and I'm doing fine, still sore and only able to sleep in one position (due to the surgery) but I'm ok! Regrettably until I go back for my follow-up on the 27th there will be "no" coffee, adult beverages or cigars for me....gotta let things heal!

The surgery lasted 3 hours; but should have only been 1 1/2 hours!

Five (5) 1.5" incisions were made across my stomach/chest for the laparoscopic surgery, once the surgeon got in there he found numerous problems...my spleen had "fused" itself to my stomach and had to be separated, both my stomach and esophagus were up in my chest cavity and both had to be lowered back into their rightful places. In the process of repairing all that was mentioned above, they nicked my left lung and were afraid they would have to put a tube in it to properly re-inflate it....luckily that wasn't the cause. So after the additional repairs were made the surgeon was finally able to perform the procedure I was there for in the first place.

Not quite sure what I'll be lighting up come the 27th but you can bet your arse I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it!

Last edited:

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Well Larry it's nice to have you back. Sounds like a crazy surgery, good to know things are back in their rightful places. Prayers for a fast heal.

Dan

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Glad you're okay brother! Sounds like a rough surgery... sometimes my stomach feels like it's in my chest too! LOL But for real, glad you're on the road to recovery and the fun now begins... planning your first post-op stogie!