What's new

Tat Drac Track

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Where'd you get the nice Halloween Tat stickers, Brandon?
I'm tempted to buy that T shirt from Dan at NHC...

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Pete, if your listening here's and idea in the true spirit of Trick or Treat. Keep a list of the shops that jack up the price, attach fat cash strings to the sale, open boxes to cheat customers of a chance at a golden ticket and black list them for future LE shipments! it's your brand and customer they are hurting, not theirs!
couldn't agree more.

and i'm sorry the more i hear about stores acting like they are selling beanie babies (i.e. buy a box for a chance to buy what you wanted, 50-70% markup) the more i like the idea of one shop that always sells the monster series.

i understand this is a business first, but there is business then there is cashing in. i personally can't abide by it, and i'll show it with my money.

many many shops are doing this right and making their regulars happy and still finding ways to earn new customers, and sure, you might find some people from across the country finding out you exist for the first time. i personally don't see the problem there. and if you want to only sell to your regulars, do that. but the cashing in thing does NOT have anything to do with honest business.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Let me throw this out there....if a retailer is undecided about how to distribute his allocation so everyone is happy and he calls Pete to discuss it with him and Pete is agreeable with the way the retailer is going to sell them, does it make it alright?

Abe stated in his post...."Pete and I both spent 40 minutes on the phone last week discussing this."

I also know that at least one other retailer called Pete to explain how he was going to sell them and Pete was in agreement.

I'm not defending the retailers that jacked up the prices, just referring to the one's that wanted you to buy other product in addtion to the Drac's and/or Boris.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Let me throw this out there....if a retailer is undecided about how to distribute his allocation so everyone is happy and he calls Pete to discuss it with him and Pete is agreeable with the way the retailer is going to sell them, does it make it alright?

Abe stated in his post...."Pete and I both spent 40 minutes on the phone last week discussing this."

I also know that at least one other retailer called Pete to explain how he was going to sell them and Pete was in agreement.

I'm not defending the retailers that jacked up the prices, just referring to the one's that wanted you to buy other product in addtion to the Drac's and/or Boris.
:peace: you got me on that one. maybe i'm just being holier than thou on this.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
No Dracs for me... I was 7th on the list, but the lottery didnt go my way... oh well! Im sure I can trade or purchase one from one of you guys!!!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:peace: you got me on that one. maybe i'm just being holier than thou on this.
I would never question you Nic....you're a brother and a good friend. I just remembered Abe saying that in his post and I know Hal from Empire Cigars called and talked with Pete also. I'm sure many more did the same thing.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
thanks for the kind words brother!, but i'm as fallible as the next guy- thanks for being a voice of reason

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry but I have to agree with Nic on this... making people buy other boxes just to get a raffle ticket and a CHANCE at being able to buy some Dracs? :angryteet

I bit my tongue at B&M's making someone buy another box in order to get a box of Dracs, but Smoke Inn is taking it to another level. At least the other people were guaranteed getting a box of Dracs if they bought another Tat box. If I was a regular at the Smoke Inn I would seriously consider taking my business elsewhere. The swag they are offering with the box purchase is nice, but that's standard swag for Pete Johnson events where you buy a box.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sorry but I have to agree with Nic on this... making people buy other boxes just to get a raffle ticket and a CHANCE at being able to buy some Dracs? :angryteet

I bit my tongue at B&M's making someone buy another box in order to get a box of Dracs, but Smoke Inn is taking it to another level. At least the other people were guaranteed getting a box of Dracs if they bought another Tat box. If I was a regular at the Smoke Inn I would seriously consider taking my business elsewhere. The swag they are offering with the box purchase is nice, but that's standard swag for Pete Johnson events where you buy a box.
I agree, I don't like this method one little bit.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Pete, if your listening here's and idea in the true spirit of Trick or Treat. Keep a list of the shops that jack up the price, attach fat cash strings to the sale, open boxes to cheat customers of a chance at a golden ticket and black list them for future LE shipments! it's your brand and customer they are hurting, not theirs!
+1
I totally agree!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well this sucks. I don't think I'm getting any Dracs. I was late on last years Frank and I still managed to score a decent amount.

I was on the ball this year too but it doesn't look like I was quick enough.

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

I agree as well.

I had been looking at a box of murcielagos from SI before this and instead will just avoid them.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Well this sucks. I don't think I'm getting any Dracs. I was late on last years Frank and I still managed to score a decent amount.

I was on the ball this year too but it doesn't look like I was quick enough.
i still think you have time. patience is key!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
We should change this thread title to "The Bitch and Moan" thread :grin:

I have somewhat avoided posting in all these threads because they are just starting to become repeatative, but here goes. I put in quite a bit of effort on this and here are my results:

I called when the list was first released and of all the shops I called I was only able to get on one list and the shop ended up changing their minds on how they were going to distibute them, oh well, life goes on.... On another site I did the Scavanger hunt thing for 2.5 hours and got nothing, oh well, life goes on....

Got on the email list at The Big Easy, got the email last Friday and called and got on the list there. Got a call back later that night and the boxes were sold out and my name shouldn't have been taken in the first place. Eric being a great guy that he is tells me he can sell me a 5er of each :thumbsup: I jumped right on that one!!

In a perfect world I would have loved to have 2 boxes of each to smoke and spread around to my fellow botl. But I'm glad to have my 5er's of each, even if I had to jump through hoops to get them.

If it wasn't meant to be, then so be it. I never gave up faith that had I not been able to secure a single stick that my fellow botl here would have looked out for everyone they could.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Well said CMac! Maybe we can let this go finally. There will be more posted for sale in the Trading room after this weekend. Guaranteed.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well said CMac! Maybe we can let this go finally. There will be more posted for sale in the Trading room after this weekend. Guaranteed.
But a few places are not selling them until Saturday, i.e. Smoke Signals, Serious, and a few others... this should continue to be a ray of hope for people looking.

No one should give up hope... yet!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
But a few places are not selling them until Saturday, i.e. Smoke Signals, Serious, and a few others... this should continue to be a ray of hope for people looking.

No one should give up hope... yet!
I am not saying to give up hope. I am sure that these will be on the shelf in a random store somewhere for a couple weeks until someone stumbles upon them and buys as many as possible. Just turn down the bitchin a bit... LOL

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Taken from the Retailers section:
Just wanted to let you guys know that Famous Smoke Shop has DRACS!!! but we only have them for IN STORE PURCHASES ONLY!!!! PRICES ARE

*$12 BORUS*
*$13 DRAC*

WE ARE SELLING THEM AS SINGLES ONLY!!!!, MAXIMUM OF 3 PER CUSTOMER!!!

FAMOUS SMOKE SHOP
1100 CONROY PLACE
EASTON, PA 18040
610-559-8800

Anybody in the area that can hook a brother up with some Dracs?