Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Just got a call from &&&&&&&&, they are doing some packages;

Option A- 1 Frank, 1 Drac, 2 Boris, 2 El Triunfadore $95.06

Option B- 4 Dracs, 4 Boris, 2 El Triunfadore, 2 Tainos $166.97

Hmm let's see.. I will use California prices, which has a 43% tax rate, which is higher than almost every state in the US.

Drac is $13.oo per stick
Boris is $12.00 per stick
El Triuns are $9.99 per stick
Tainos are $10.99
The Frank might be higher from it's original $13.00 per stick. Figure $20. But I figure they hoarded them to resell at a higher price.

Option A retails for about $77

Option B retails for about $144

Oh yeah, seems like a great deal to me. I love gougers! Grab those up brothers if you have to have them!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Damnit...that is where I called. I really hate this....REAL fans of Pete's stuff are getting hosed....I wish he would just make 50,000 boxes so everyone could get them.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It is not Pete's Fault at all. It's retailers like the one posted that are to blame. If that's how they do business, then I won't give them my business. That is a choice for any consumer.

And the real fan's of Pete's are those that smoke his cigars, not hoard to save and sell for a higher price! To me, the memories that I have had while smoking a cigar are priceless, but the cigar itself is just ash when it's all said and done. I've smoked a bucnh of cigars with many on this board and those memories can never be taken away.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I know it's not Pete's fault and I am not blaming him. I think we ALL need to remember these dirty retailers that are gouging people and NEVER buy from them in the future. I can understand taking care of locals as well but at the same time don't get peoples hopes up and take lists. This turned into one major hassle that produced no results (for me anyway).

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
after how things are going with these unsavory practices to make a buck, i'm liking pete's idea of 1 trusted retailer more and more...

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Don't give up E-man... As retailers get their alotment, you just might get your wish!

I am a firm supporter of supporting my local B&M,as well as a few internet retailers. It's called loyalty, which has been based on excellent service and ease of product availability.

The problem the retailers caused was they assumed they were getting a large alotment of the Dracs and Boris, when i am sure no one was promised anything. The problem with assumption is one gets made an ass and has to eat their words. Never, never, never assume you are getting anything until you receive it. With about 300+ retailers in the US, I am sure Pete was fair to all.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well, that is the one place I had my name on a list for, and I bit on the second package which seemed like a better deal to me overall. I was one of the top few on the list for their phone-ins and was sad to hear about there being no boxes available. Dude didn't even mention anything about buying a box of browns and being able to buy a box of dracs or boris. Would have done that in a heartbeat.

Oh well. next year. leatherface.