What's new

Tat Drac Track

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
they were not real happy about how things happened. as you can imagine, they were flooded with calls and were unable to take care of their walk in business that day. they had no warning of couse, and weren't sure what to do.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sonofa...! That was my last shot! I'm up there on the list, and when I got on it he told me "you should be set." A shop can do what they want with the cigars, but to make a list for orders and tell someone they should be set and then change their minds is really poor form.

I'm revising my estimates: if more than 200 full boxes of Dracs are sold to the open public, I'll be ASTONISHED!
I disagree. There are 1300 boxes. Plenty will sold as whole boxes. Of the shops I know about at least 12 boxes are going to be sold whole... that's 2 shops.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cracking one box open to sell singles the morning of the event and will crack others only when needed, chances are the rest of the boxes will be sold whole before I can even open a second one so lets just say at least 29 of my 31 boxes will be sold in tact.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just a thought, but any chance the retailers that are selling singles only are doing so because they want to get one of the tickets??

It would be nice if they really wanted to keep loyal customers to randomly draw for the tickets, etc.....Just another spin on things...........

I think there will be more boxes available than people think. Heck the Reserva SW maduros were just recently available (200 boxes) and the LFD Coronado Maduro just finished selling out (84 boxes) and on and on......

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I think there will be more boxes available than people think. Heck the Reserva SW maduros were just recently available (200 boxes) and the LFD Coronado Maduro just finished selling out (84 boxes) and on and on......
While I agree with you about there being more boxes, almost nobody besides BOTL knew about the SW Maduros (their loss) and the LFD Coronado is not even CLOSE to as good a smoke as the Drac, IMHO...

~brooks

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I disagree. There are 1300 boxes. Plenty will sold as whole boxes. Of the shops I know about at least 12 boxes are going to be sold whole... that's 2 shops.
Sure, I'm talking to the OPEN PUBLIC, as in anyone (like me, lol) can call right now and say "I'd like to give you money for this please" and they say "Sure thing." Very few are doing that ... in fact, NONE that I know of.

I am hoping to score a single stick at a place about an hour from me. I've got a shot anyway.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Sure, I'm talking to the OPEN PUBLIC, as in anyone (like me, lol) can call right now and say "I'd like to give you money for this please" and they say "Sure thing." Very few are doing that ... in fact, NONE that I know of.

I am hoping to score a single stick at a place about an hour from me. I've got a shot anyway.
Nate,

I got you covered if all works out when BrooksW, PLUSH, and I meet up in tx next week. If I can get more than one single, one of them will be yours brother!

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
While I agree with you about there being more boxes, almost nobody besides BOTL knew about the SW Maduros (their loss) and the LFD Coronado is not even CLOSE to as good a smoke as the Drac, IMHO...

~brooks
Good points....

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Nate,

I got you covered if all works out when BrooksW, PLUSH, and I meet up in tx next week. If I can get more than one single, one of them will be yours brother!
Thanks bro, you're the man! If I'm NOT able to score one down south myself, I'll happily take you up on this. If I do get a couple as I'm hoping to, then I'd rather you sent it to another brother who didn't get so lucky. I'll let you know.

I too am hoping that a lot of us will at least be able to score a few singles. I"m also going to do my best to get empty boxes of both the Drac and Boris, as I'd REALLY like these from a collector's standpoint. I'm hoping I can convince the guy I know to get me an empty, since he seemed genuinely bummed that he couldn't sell me a full box (which, as I said, I don't blame him for at all, as selling these as limit-one singles will get a lot more people into the shop as well as make a greater number of regulars happy).

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So guys are the shops allowed to sell these before the 31st? I have a secondary shop in the area and was just wondering if I should start bugging them to find out?

Also I heard a local shop getting a few boxes may be overcharging for there Drac sticks. Can they do this? If I find out they are selling them for over if I contact Pete will they get slapped?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So guys are the shops allowed to sell these before the 31st? I have a secondary shop in the area and was just wondering if I should start bugging them to find out?

Also I heard a local shop getting a few boxes may be overcharging for there Drac sticks. Can they do this? If I find out they are selling them for over if I contact Pete will they get slapped?
That's a good question. I'm actually not certian, but I think it's "the week of the 31st" based on what I've heard. For example, NHC said something to the effect that they'd ship the cigars so that you'd have them to smoke on the 31st.

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I guess he might not be overcharging. We have a 40% tobacco tax so I believe are sticks are going to run almost 20

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Depends on your state tobacco tax. Here in NY it's 46% which means the $13 Drac will be selling for $19 - not to mention the sales tax!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah I am pissed to say the least. Outlaw told me that "I was all set" for both the Boris and Drac and was #7 on the list. They were the first place I called so I thought I didn't need to call any other places (plus I was calling long distance from work, not good)....This really sucks, my birthday is
Oct 30th and I took the day off to enjoy a few cigars (and peace and quiet)...guess it won't be the drac and boris. :angerhead

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Depends on your state tobacco tax. Here in NY it's 46% which means the $13 Drac will be selling for $19 - not to mention the sales tax!
Yup we are 40% ish tobacco tax and almost 9% sales tax
Looks like 20.00 Dracs over here. Looks like I may be able to get some for others if they want to pay 20.00 :hysterica I support the local shop, but damn sometimes it kills us.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was FIRST on the list at a shop and was told that I would get it. Well, that changed pretty quick and now I'm waiting to hear about the lottery.

I had the dracs in my NHC cart 3 times and missed out (literally, during the confirmation). I was clicking so furiously that I didn't take the time to prepopulate my order info until it was too late.

That said, I'm totally cool with the way Pete and Dan handled things. I definitely don't feel entitled to anything, so maybe I'll get a box down the road or more likely I'll find something else that I really want in the future.