What's new

Tat Verocu (red) Tubos......

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I took the foam from the El Triunfador box & cut them into little pieces, then loaded them into each individual tube, so they wouldn't rattle around and get damaged. (Technically I don't have any yet, they are supposed to be a gift)... but after seeing this & the fact that they can 'bang around' in the tubes, I decided to take matters into my own hands to make sure these wouldn't be damaged.

bigmanfromou

The BBMF
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow ... that's possibly the scariest thing I've heard yet! That means there is WAY too much room inside these tubes, and that the tapered end has too much ability to wobble against the sides. This would be VERY bad. You should be able to shake a tube and hear very little "rattle" inside. Of there is too much motion on the tapered end, these could ALL end up braking at some point!

I think Tatuaje needs to take a very serious look at these tubes. Perhaps a piece of foam at the far end of the tube would stop them from banging around??
Sorry, to clarify. I did remove these two from the tubes, placed them in my 5 finger Cigar Caddy with 1 other stick. That's where they met their demise.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Sorry, to clarify. I did remove these two from the tubes, placed them in my 5 finger Cigar Caddy with 1 other stick. That's where they met their demise.
Ahh big difference. Though it's still strange that they'd brakebin a caddy unless there is room for movement inside.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Split wrappers are usualy caused by the outside of the cigar and the inside of the cigars trying to be two diffirent sizes when thier humidity even out and the inside is winning. Rapid changes in humidity or temperature can set this off or make it worse. If it's happening to this many cigars, I'd say it's likely that a contributing construction issue exists. These may need to be slowly settled by leaving them in the tubes with loose caps for awhile. If anyone wants to do an experiment, try putting a few cigars into a plastic bag with a hygrometer and see where it settles. If the humidity is high, when you take them out of the tube the wrapper will try to shrink as it dries faster than the filler that don't get much direct air contact. I could be off on this, but food for thought, does the problem seem to happen once they are out of the tubes?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I have 2 boxes of each. Went through them last night and not one was damaged. Seems a little weird that there are so many issues.

I have purchased many cigars in my time and you always have an issue here and there.

This is very interesting. I'd like to know just how many end up being returned.

okia42

Billy
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i smoked both the red and the black tubos. I did not think they were that special. Good cigars. Not great cigars. Cool packaging.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of mine seemed to be ok but Ill be checking again just to make sure. I did take them all out of there tubes when I got them so hopefully theyll be ok.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So why not just take them out of the tubes if folks are worried about issues? You can't smoke the tube :D
......bingo. All mine are out of the tube resting in a nice box. Pectin is your friend and it can save a really f'd up cigar.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have smoked 11 of these wonderful cigars and I have not come across any cracking issues. I have run into 2 that were very bitter. It was not paint or anything like that...they were just off. About half way through the cigars, they started to taste normal. These 11 have come out of 3-4 different boxes.

Jason

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Since my first red, I have had no others that tasted funny or anything. I have smoked a couple red and a couple black. A had a great experience with the last red I smoked, and all the blacks have been awesome! So awesome, I went and grabbed a box of em!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
This from Pete's FB page....

"5340 box of cigars arrived at 9pm last night. All tubos that will now ship next year....We are putting them away and letting them rest for a few weeks......"