What's new

Tat Verocu (red) Tubos......

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If in NJ I was told by a dealer they get charged a 30% wholesale tax from NJ so they need to pass it on. The kicker is they still hit you up for the 7% sales tax. That double taxation kills the prices.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
So I received good news and bad news today. The good news is that my box of red tubos came in today. The bad news is that half of them came in pretty messed up from the cap end. I don't think I would blame this on the company I purchased them from because the box was packaged pretty well and did not have any damage to it. I would probably have to attribute this to those that actually rolled and packaged them into the tubos. I will post pics as soon as I can, but once you all see these, you will know what I mean. What can/should I do? Should I contact the company I purchased them from or should I contact the tatuaje company and provide pics? How should I proceed?

George
My that is so sad. Those are awesome cigars. Happens. Nice response from the man as usual. Looks like they might have been banged up in transit. I have had many an oversea stick busted at the tip because the ups guy just tossed em in the truck.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I went to smoke a red today and when I removed the cigar I found that the wrapper was damaged and broken in many placed. I immediately removed the rest of the cigars and they were all perfect - I guess it just happens. no sign of damage to the tube or the box or even the shipping box it arrived in. I have an email into the vendor and we will see what we can work out.

Bottom line if you haven't already done so - check all the cigars while they are still available to be replaced.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Bottom line if you haven't already done so - check all the cigars while they are still available to be replaced.
Absolutely. The reds have an extremely brittle wrapper and are prone to get damaged. I pulled all four boxes of mine out of tubes and had 1/5 damaged, but only 1/10 unsmokeable. Not worth the time or effort shipping them back to the online vendor.

Not the vendor's fault, not Pete's fault, just a combination of cold weather and brittle wrappers.

Good cigars, though!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well I just got my box of reds and box of blacks, and I am bummed because I haven't had a Tat black or red and I am sick so I have to wait longer. SOB!

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I just pick some up. I drove over 30 miles to get them, I got 4 red 4 black. I didn't think of checking them (I have never heard of cracked up cigars in a tube) so after getting home, 2 of the reds have cracks. One isn't too bad, its smokable. The other is cracked pretty bad, about an inch and a half crack straight down the foot. Needless to say I am disappointed, and there's nothing I can do about it. It's not worth driving 35 miles to exchange 1 cigar, but its bad enough I really don't want to invest the time into babying the stick and hope it smokes okay.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Mine are unharmed, but in looking at them, I can envision how this happened.

As I pulled each out to check them, when I put them back in, quite a few of them got hung up on the top of the cedar in there. So assuming the cedar was put in first, I could see some less than careful hands jamming them in there and ripping them up.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just pick some up. I drove over 30 miles to get them, I got 4 red 4 black. I didn't think of checking them (I have never heard of cracked up cigars in a tube) so after getting home, 2 of the reds have cracks. One isn't too bad, its smokable. The other is cracked pretty bad, about an inch and a half crack straight down the foot. Needless to say I am disappointed, and there's nothing I can do about it. It's not worth driving 35 miles to exchange 1 cigar, but its bad enough I really don't want to invest the time into babying the stick and hope it smokes okay.
no problems here with my tubos... but i had a victoria sitting in my humi with a few big cracks. i thought no way can i smoke this. decided wth and lit it up yesterday... smoked ok.

sucks to have a cracked cigar but sometimes they smoke just fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 of 10 from my box had major wrapper damage from the foot on up. The online retailer i picked them up from offered to replace them right away. I agree on the cedar insert issue. They do catch easly when returning the stick into the tube.

bigmanfromou

The BBMF
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I checked mine after seeing this thread and other than a few flakes from the feet of my Black Tubos, I had no problem. I took a Red and Black to the B&M in my Cigar Caddy. When I got ready to smoke them, they were both complete mangled.

Is there a way to prevent this for the rest of them?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
You guy's would be surprised at what's "Smokable." My friend's West Coast did this to him when it was shipped from a buddy... it was still smokable and highly enjoyed ...

Yes, that's the wrapper AND binder split all the way through.

Now, I'm not saying "So suck it up and quit complaining," not at all. Try to get replacements FOR SURE. But if you can't get replacements for some reason, 1st try Cigar Glue or vegetable pectin (which is available at many grocery stores and all nurseries/garden stores)--this is how rollers adhesive wrappers in the first place. It works like MAGIC, I'm telling you. And if it's too bad even for that ... smoke it anway!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I checked mine after seeing this thread and other than a few flakes from the feet of my Black Tubos, I had no problem. I took a Red and Black to the B&M in my Cigar Caddy. When I got ready to smoke them, they were both complete mangled.

Is there a way to prevent this for the rest of them?
Wow ... that's possibly the scariest thing I've heard yet! That means there is WAY too much room inside these tubes, and that the tapered end has too much ability to wobble against the sides. This would be VERY bad. You should be able to shake a tube and hear very little "rattle" inside. Of there is too much motion on the tapered end, these could ALL end up braking at some point!

I think Tatuaje needs to take a very serious look at these tubes. Perhaps a piece of foam at the far end of the tube would stop them from banging around??