What's new

Tattoo by Tatuaje

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
K I don't rant often but here it goes. This is really shitty the way this was done. I know for a fact I was one of the first to call. I called the same time when the tweet happened and was told to call back tomorrow for more information. I did and was told to call back at 2pm. I did and was placed on a bullshit list that was never used. They said call tomorrow (today) to see if you will be getting any if they didn't call back. So I just got off the phone and he simply said that they had sold out and that was that.

That is utter bullshit. Even if you know only an hour before hand you have the time to make a plan. If you do make a plan stick to it and not change it. The thing that urks me the most is the fact that some people who called in got cigars. Just because of this performance I will never order anything from them again.

It just pisses me off.
And all this before you even know if the cigar is worth it.

That's why when I see these threads my first thought is pass. The only one I jumped on but I knew about it for months in advance was the Black PL's because I knew the blend and that it would work well in that vitola.

The only one I regret not buying is the Federal 90th as both blends are fantastic. Pretty much all the others have been disappointing and I'm glad to have avoided the drama and nonsense involved for average sticks.

I'd much rather buy some brown labels easily, sit back and enjoy myself.

JMHO.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
No disrepsect to anyone, but perhaps next time instead of telling the world about a release, maybe keep it quiet. Talking bad about a retailer or manufacturer gets really old. And its the same scenario over and over, no matter who makes the cigars.

If someone doesn't get some from a retailer, toss up an ISO thread in the trade section, you might just get lucky. After all, its all about friendships first, cigars second and not the koolaid.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Word Jayro! I was fortunate to jump in on the 109 Reservas and Rosados and enjoy those very much. Luckily, I thank Pete for putting such great regular production lines so that if I miss a LE, I can always go back in my humi and spark up a regular production (La Riqueza Cab #2 being my favorite) and be totally happy.

I'm sure I will get a hold of some Tatoos eventually, so I'm not worried about it all. Through BOTL you can pretty much get anything you could ever want, so no sweat off my nutsack!

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Thanks for the pic Brooks. They look yummy. I always love the contrast you use on your photos and the slim, black border.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
No disrepsect to anyone, but perhaps next time instead of telling the world about a release, maybe keep it quiet. Talking bad about a retailer or manufacturer gets really old. And its the same scenario over and over, no matter who makes the cigars.

If someone doesn't get some from a retailer, toss up an ISO thread in the trade section, you might just get lucky. After all, its all about friendships first, cigars second and not the koolaid.

Just my two cents.
Well said Bill.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0

Just my two cents.
I'm split on this a bit, but I feel I have to point out that they didn't have to go to the trouble of taking any phone orders; I made sure I thanked them for exactly that. They could have easily sold all of these to only in-store customers. Those of us out of state are not entitled to these cigars, no matter how poorly they handled it. I'm sure it's a big hassle for them to take all of these and ship them all over the country. It sounded like Cigar Mas Fino found that out first-hand with the CMF5 release. Just be thankful for the LEs you can get your hands on, and shrug off the ones you miss, because the next one is literally days away.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it really a bad thing that a small B&M decides that regulars and locals are the first in line since they are the ones that keep the store in business day to day? They went to the extra trouble of having a list in case extras were left, and filled it to the best of their ability, while the shop was immensely crowded with visitors.

I'm sorry if you don't see it that way, but you can't really be angry at a B&M if you call maybe once a year demanding a box/bundle, when you don't buy anything else, and then pout about how you will never buy anything from the store ever again. Most likely, you weren't going to buy anything else anyway. The owners of the store are the best around, and they really do their best to spread the love around. I don't think it's fair to admonish them for trying their hardest, and in some cases, you not getting your way.

So you didn't get your bundle. Suck it up, call the next shop on your list, and press your luck there. If you try hard enough, anything is possible.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
read the whole thread noob. Had nothing to do with selling to locals. That is expected. The problem was terrible customer service. Telling one person yes and the next no, with no rhyme or reason.

By the way, welcome, stop by the intro thread and say hi.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
read the whole thread noob. Had nothing to do with selling to locals. That is expected. The problem was terrible customer service. Telling one person yes and the next no, with no rhyme or reason.

Oh, there is rhyme and reason. As someone would say, "Do you know who the hell I am". :nodlaugh:

if not we are just another guy calling up looking for cigars.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1

You are on a roll tonight. Well said bro.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
sorry guys a bit pissy.
That's okay DP ... that's you're nickname when you get pissy, lol ... there are only so many of the same gripe-laiden threads I can take too.

That being said, I don't blame Tom at all for getting upset--I've been there on things like this before, and I was pretty upset as well. It's just frustrating. But in the and, as Tom also said, it's just a cigar!

And in this case, it seems there WILL be other places that get the stick, so no big deal. I didn't get a bundle yet, but I do plan to get some later if I can and I'm not freakin' out (though that's mostly because I just got 3 bundles of ELOs and am just about as satisfied as can be, lol).

And to echo Bill ... to try to keep more people happy :)

Last edited by a moderator: