What's new

Tattoo by Tatuaje

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would say I have cigars in every price bracket. $3-4 for Series P, $4-6 for Ambos Mundos, $6-8 for La Casita, Havana VI and Triunfador.
I feel like the price of a cigar is such a subjective thing, when it comes to it's perceived value or cost. Personally, I don't consider the cost of a cigar as a "unit," rather I look at the value of the cigar compared to the amount of time I will be smoking that cigar. For example, if I can get 1.5 hrs out of a "Tattoo Lancero," I personally consider approx. $7 per hour of entertainment, a pretty good deal! Likewise, if I pay $20 for a "My Father Limited Edition" that I can enjoy for upwards of 2 hrs, then I feel like it's worth $10 an hr to enjoy. It's MUCH cheaper than a similar amount of time spent on a bar tab, bowling bill or movie ticket with a beverage & snack.

Just my 2-cents......

Keep'em coming, Pete!! I feel like this hobby, passion, cigar obsession is just as much as about the "hunt" for the LE's and HTF's, as it is about enjoying your regular rotation and occasional special occasion stick. Not every kid on the block was able to get a "Batman #1 Comic Book" or a "Mark McGuire Rookie Card"- same thing to me..... Personally, I feel that if people don't like LE's, higher cost cigars, or anything else for that matter, then simply don't participate or pay attention. You're free to do so. :)

Bigdankcloud

I read your bs... alot
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went to the Federal Event on Saturday a bit late (1 pm) and they were obviously gone by then. I did pick up a pack of the My Father Limited Editions instead however, amongst other things. I'll give it another shot if they show up elsewhere later and are for sale by phone, but I'm not going to be bent out of shape if I dont score them. They, by their LE and HTF nature mean that not everyone can get them, all the time. So, on to the next one.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I liked the shit out of it.
I concur. These smokes go ham :smile:! Great ROTT. The wrapper leaves such a sharp sweetness on your lips and around them inside your mouth. The light spice really complements it well, too. All with a hint of very light cocoa underneath it all, maybe a little too light, and the finish lacks a bit...it's short. Definitely worth picking up a fiver, though.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reviews not so great on this one. Pass for me.
I hope folks are not going by 1 review and crossing the cigar off list. One need to read more and smoke one for him/herself to draw personal conclusion.

In reference to the store, I'm confused by all of this feedback. I touched bases w/ Pete on the release date and got a confirmation on time and number. Called the shop, received excellent customer service from Jack D and had cigars in the mailbox couple days later.

Looking forward to smoking and reviewing on my blog.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I hope folks are not going by 1 review and crossing the cigar off list. One need to read more and smoke one for him/herself to draw personal conclusion.
I agree, I'm surprised by the ratings. I think this stick is at least worthy of a 90. The one I had felt a bit wet, too, and it was still excellent.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0

In reference to the store, I'm confused by all of this feedback. I touched bases w/ Pete on the release date and got a confirmation on time and number. Called the shop, received excellent customer service from Jack D and had cigars in the mailbox couple days later.

Looking forward to smoking and reviewing on my blog.
I assume you are talking about my review?

I agree, everyone needs to try it for themselves...but I found it ok/good for the first third, and disappointingly bland for the other 2/3rds...

**shrug**

~brooks

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I agree, I'm surprised by the ratings. I think this stick is at least worthy of a 90. The one I had felt a bit wet, too, and it was still excellent.
I have only seen two reviews. I didn't do a review but to me this cigar was Ok at best. When asked what I score I would give it I said 87 and that was being lenient, I was really thinking 84-85 but what do I know. There is just much more out there that I would put my money towards. But everyone likes different things. Every cigar is not going to be good or liked by everyone.