What's new

Tattoos

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This was the latest one. Then I had kids and a stay at home mum to support so it's just never been high enough on the priority list to match it in with the others on my arm.
I spent a lot of my youth fishing and used to love going out on my Grandad's prawn trawler, so it's just a "don't lose your dinosaur" tribute.
10 years later it's still not finished :banghead:
IMG_0067.JPG

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Worked in a tattoo shop for a few years. This guy would alway come in asking for free ink. So one day one of the artists, a Jewish guy, tattooed him and told him he was tattooing bravery on the back of his neck in Hebrew. Only he actually tattooed what loosely translated into "I'm a mooch. "
This is too true. I always cringe when I see Chinese characters on people, even if they are designed well and look great, because even when they know for sure what it roughly translates too prior to getting it, that "rough" translation totally changes the meaning. There are some hysterical video's on youtube with a couple Chinese guys that attempt to decipher peoples supposed character tats, what they wanted and what they actually mean.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is too true. I always cringe when I see Chinese characters on people, even if they are designed well and look great, because even when they know for sure what it roughly translates too prior to getting it, that "rough" translation totally changes the meaning. There are some hysterical video's on youtube with a couple Chinese guys that attempt to decipher peoples supposed character tats, what they wanted and what they actually mean.

causeyrob

kamikaze
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One of my life missions is to be covered in pieces that tell my life's story and all the things I've learned that I never want to forget. Used to want to do a piece in every country that reflected the cultural learnings I absorbed, although I did abandon that mission for practicality's sake.
Rib piece of a cookie cutter from South Africa, sugar skull on my chest from Mexico, tribal phoenix on my arm that my sister drew, "Self-Immortal" on my bicep, bunny drawing on my tricep my father used to draw, tumbleweed with an ink pen writing "DREAM" in the center on the back of my arm, boxing squirrel without a tail on my leg, burning clover on my back with an eye in the center and a star in the pupil, backpiece of an hourglass with a tentacled monster pulling a pirate's ship up through the sands.
Been dying to get another soon. Haven't gotten one in years. And lately all of the money has been going to my stogie collection. :p

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Tattoos are in vogue in 2018 everyone who is any one has one. Maybe someday I will do what I have not done is 70 years, saving money for good Cigars.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have "I'm a stupid American" in kanji tattooed on my leg. On purpose.