What's new

Tatuaje Advent Calendar

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Pete,
I was passed out for the night while this conversation was going on. I think you’ve got a great idea here and you know we’ve got your back as far as who thought of it first. I grew up with the Advent calendars and yeah we got busted for opening some early too. My wife has bought them every year for the past 15 years since my first daughter was born, it’s tradition.

One thought I have on the box design is to make a clear hinged lid with a simple seal to hold humidity. This way you can see the cigars through it for display purposes. The hinge and clasp can be on the sides of the box so it opens like a cabinet rather than from the top or bottom. The cigars can be wrapped in an opaque paper with the day and also a picture of the various items (i.e. 2 turtle doves, a bell, partridge, snowman, etc.) to give it the holiday feel.

You can have 2 rows of cigars with a half height divider between them near the foot of the cigars and one in front of the top row near the foot of the cigars to hold them up in place if the box on display vertically. This way when you open the lid the cigars won’t fall out and when you remove one you can see the top of the decorated paper on the cigar below it because of the half divider. This will keep the display looking full and festive longer. A stepped block at the bottom could keep the top of the cigars all at the same height.

I see you have a lot of good ideas already, just another to think about.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Box them standing up. Will not be as long or wide and length of cigar doesn't matter. Put whatever humi device in the bottom or top and you could still use you the tops of the boxes to make your picture if you wanted. Use some tissue paper or whatever to make the lengths of the boxes the same and make it a surprise. Never had any Tatuaje cigars but I think I'll swing by a local to try some out today.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
This would have been great to see in "Bad Santa". It would have fit right into the movie and imagine the marketing that would have happened then.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
All these ideas coming. I hope they all come to fruition, my bank account doesen't feel the same though. Good thing I don't listen to that

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pete you never cease to amze me bro. That brain of yours in always switched on isn't it?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Maybe the "calendar" part could just have a small picture of the cigar (and number), but all the cigars are stored in the box underneath. You'd have to wrap each cigar (like a pres ent!) so that people wouldn't know what they were beforehand.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I want it! My wife always gets me a chocolate one every year and the chocolate sucks arse...pretty sure they are from the 80s and just never sold till she buys them. I cannot wait to tell her about this...u gotta get it going because I promise she will start looking today! Cool concept Pete!