What's new

Tatuaje Black Label

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I am almost sure that anyone looking for a jar is SOL at this point. I know there's a B&M up in Wilkesbarre that had gotten a jar that they were going to sell singles out of. It's called El Humidor not sure if you want to take a trip eastward just for some smokes though.

Nice Inflames tshirt by the way.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Anybody smoked these yet? Are they worth a whirl now or are they too young to drive?

Also, anybody know if these will get released again, or if this is a one shot deal?
i had the opportunity to interview pete last week for an upcoming cigarcompanero.com release. he told me the blacks are ready to smoke! as for a re-release, he is thinking about allowing those who bought a jar an opportunity to purchase another bundle. still working out the logistics... perhaps having the buyer register the jar, along with a photo of buyer and the retailer....

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
yeah according to my B&M where i got the jar they were only 1 of 30 retailers in the nation who got a shipment so I'm guessing you just have to wait to get lucky.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i had the opportunity to interview pete last week for an upcoming cigarcompanero.com release. he told me the blacks are ready to smoke! as for a re-release, he is thinking about allowing those who bought a jar an opportunity to purchase another bundle. still working out the logistics... perhaps having the buyer register the jar, along with a photo of buyer and the retailer....
Any news of a re-release? My B&M hasn't heard anything.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I actually just got a email on the subject from pete johnson and he said:

"Hey Luke,
There is a maybe to this statement, I am trying to figure out if we can make
enough and also how to organize the refill my jar program.
Might not be until next year but we will see........
Thanks for the support.

Pete"

Pretty cool that he sent back a reply within an hour of when I emailed him, expecially at 1 in the morning!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
AWH Man! I can't wait. I'm bettin the wife is gonna want me to put that somewhere other than in the coolidor. and i hhave to agree with her. Too cool. Can't wait to get mine.
OK, so i finally scored a jar! Just got it today. Took a while, but i got one.

And the wife definitely said it needs to be out on display somewhere other than where i keep my stuff now...in the closet and a spare bedroom.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
What is the latest. Last I heard Pete was having problems getting the correct shade of wrappers and he only had enough for like 700 jars. He didn't know what the next move was. Any validity to that? I haven't heard anything about October, is that definite or speculation. They're also going to have a bunch more singles sold, and I'm betting they're through NewHavana.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
The blacks are still being made. The wrappers are what Pete wants now, I believe. The singles that got sold were not what he wanted for the jars, thus selling them as singles. NHC and a couple other shops have the cello singles. A black label is a black label in my eyes. hehe. I'll smoke them all!

The blacks will even be better with at least 8 months to a year aging. hehe.

Remember, and this comes from the horses mouth (Sorry Pete), he makes cigars that he loves and if people buy them and enjoy them, great.

I'm a Tat whore! hehe

Last edited:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I heard that the singles were singled out by people down at the factory, and when Pete saw them he couldn't even tell the difference! So that's why he's selling them as singles -- they missed out on the jars.

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I heard that the singles were singled out by people down at the factory, and when Pete saw them he couldn't even tell the difference! So that's why he's selling them as singles -- they missed out on the jars.

TYLER
Bill and I heard the same thing directly from the horses mouth. SOrry Pete not to imply....

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Pete told me that he was the one that picked out the singles because they weren't the right shade. What I'm hearing now is that he's getting more and more that are the wrong shade.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
does a slight difference in the shade even have much of a taste affect? or is pete being super anal in appearance, because that would be crazy, as i believe that even he himself has described this cigar as not being very pretty.

Personally, i could care less what color the shade is as long as it tastes the same...or even close for that matter.