What's new

Tatuaje limited releases

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I picked up a 5er of Barcley Rex from a fellow BOTL. I noticed there was some gold glitter on most of them and one had more than the rest. I would suspect that the person banding them got gold ink from the bands on their hands while banding them, but who knows..... This glittery cigar also had a small crack in the wrapper at the foot, so this was the one that got smoked tonight. It was a pretty tight draw but I passed that off as just being a cigar smoked ROTT. I then noticed a stem so I pulled it and the cigar went from hit to shit just like that, had to pitch it and probably should have left the stem in, but it had a funky taste at the time I pulled it.

I know this is a great cigar as it definitey had that "big brother of the Pork Tenderloin" taste to it. Hopefully the second one will be better.

you are supposed to take the seeds and stems out of the bag before you roll it up dude.:stickbeat

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
SR is saying 1500 boxes of 15 (so 22,500 sticks total)...

~brooks
That's about half as many cigars as the Black Tubos release, and there are still some of those around 11 months later. So I think there won't be a rush. I, of course, would like to try them. But I'll get a fiver first and see. That usually works well for me, except for the Tenderloin and T-Rex, which I should have gotten like 200 of each, lol.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Not just you.....
I saw a video interview recently with someone who said that ligero-laden cigars in particular often have more stems. Apparently they usually burn/taste the same as the leaf. He also said that these "stems" are actually just the veins of the leaf, not actual stems, no matter how much they really look like big chunks of wood. I think it was Steve Saka, but I could be wrong.

This rang true with me, as I've noticed many more stems in sticks like Cain, Oliva V, 601, and the one (awesome) Pork Tenderloin I smoked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video interview recently with someone who said that ligero-laden cigars in particular often have more stems. Apparently they usually burn/taste the same as the leaf. He also said that these "stems" are actually just the veins of the leaf, not actual stems, no matter how much they really look like big chunks of wood. I think it was Steve Saka, but I could be wrong.

This rang true with me, as I've noticed many more stems in sticks like Cain, Oliva V, 601, and the one (awesome) Pork Tenderloin I smoked.
Heh...

People calling veins stems (and complaining about them) is one of Jeorge Padron's pet peeves.

Here's a photo of Jeorge holding up a stem that has been stripped from a leaf and one of the machines that Padron uses to strip the stems. The actual stems are almost the diameter of a typical #2 yellow pencil at the wider points.

They then use the stems in the fermentation pilons as layer seperators and to keep the hands of tobacco from directly contacting the wood pallets, burlap, cardboard, etc. (pilon photo from the My Father factory, but all the factories I saw were about the same - the stripping machine was unique to Padron though, other factories stripped the leaves by hand)

Attachments

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
SHOCKED! Called the 42nd Street shop 212-692-9680 & placed my order today for a box of the Rex's. If there are any fence riders on these better call now, might have 1 or 2 more boxes in total for all three shops.

Thanks for the heads up on these guys.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Heh...

People calling veins stems (and complaining about them) is one of Jeorge Padron's pet peeves.

Does he come here often, then I'm not worrying about it. People can complain all we want it's what we do.

and yes, I strip by hand, at least I did in Nic :)

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Does he come here often, then I'm not worrying about it. People can complain all we want it's what we do.

and yes, I strip by hand, at least I did in Nic :)
We don't want to see you strip... :barf:

Keeping in the spirit of the thread... I saw a nice stem pulled out of a Padron 44th a few months back. Didn't seem to affect the smoke much, but it was DEFINITELY not a vein. They do exist! :smile:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
i just called and they have boxes available 250 plus shipping very easy

(212) 809-4394
Any chance there are boxes still hanging around? I know, I know, I'm probably insane for even asking, but I think I sold/traded too many from my 2 boxes!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I called all three stores early this morning....they're all gone! :cryloud:

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Are you really surprised or something? 4 days ago HB posted they had 1 or 2 boxes left......
You know what Craig, maybe I didn't see HB's post from 4 days ago....

Maybe I just wanted to call and see if they had any left....

Surprised no, a little disappointed yes, but that's how things are in life!

Yeah, I waited too long to try to get any, that's my lose!